Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 Gets Lighter Yet Faster with HyperNote Jelly Bean ROM
Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 users are in for a special treat, as XDA's industrious Android developer - kristofpetho - unleashes a lighter yet faster Jelly Bean ROM called 'HyperNote'. The super phablet (phone and tablet hybrid) device (as it is popularly known) got much faster with due credit to the new HyperNote ROM, which is based on the latest Jelly Bean firmware - XXALJ3. The HyperNote custom ROM is just 243MB in size, and brings the latest Jelly Bean features onboard.
Key Points to Note
- The HyperNote ROM and the instructions given in this guide are compatible with the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Ensure that your Note 2 device is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) preinstalled on it before proceeding with the ROM installation procedure.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Keep your phone's USB cable handy for enabling physical connectivity with the computer.
- Download HyperNote v0.4 ROM package and Radio firmware package to your computer's desktop.
- Verify that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the HyperNote v0.4 ROM on your Note 2 N7100.
- Users are advised to backup apps, important data and settings to avoid risk of data loss while installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update on their phones.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the HyperNote custom ROM firmware. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 HyperNote Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
1. Copy the HyperNote v0.4 ROM package and the Radio firmware package to the root folder on your phone's internal SD card.
2. Power off your phone and now, press and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons together until the display powers on and the phone boots into CWM recovery.
NOTE: Use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
3. Do a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. To take a backup, go to Backup and Restore and click Backup.
4. Choose Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on next screen.
5. Click Install ZIP from SD Card.
6. Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and browse to the HyperNote_v0.4.zip file that you copied to your phone in step 1. Select the file and confirm the action on next screen to begin installing the ROM on your phone.
7. Once the ROM is installed, install the Radio package by repeating steps 6 and 7.
8. After installing the Radio package, click Go back and tap Reboot system now. Your phone will now reboot into the newly installed HyperNote ROM.
Android 4.1.1 HyperNote Jelly Bean ROM is now successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
[Source: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail: