Transgender Girl Catrina Best to Undergo Sex Change to Look Like One Direction Star Harry Styles
By Simi John | November 20, 2012 7:50 PM EST
A British woman is planning to undergo sex change surgery to look like One Direction star Harry Styles.
Catrina Best, who lives in Portugal but was born in Northern Ireland, has already started wearing the same Calvin Klein underpants sported by Styles, and copying his trademark floppy hair.
Best, 20, who has been diagnosed as transgender, told Closer magazine that "dressing as Harry made me feel confident, so I copied his hair too. I spend 30 minutes every day perfecting the "Harry look".
The law student admitted that she has felt different since the age of five and continued to struggle with her identity as a teenager in later years, often leading to depression.
"I didn't fancy boys but felt confused. I later realised I wanted to be with girls but as the male in a straight relationship," she said.
Best believes that"Harry's the perfect boy and I think I'm a good lookalike. I love the attention I get from girls."
However, she is now saving up for the operation and intends to take hormones which will give her facial hair and deepen her voice. She is even hoping to bag a girlfriend after the surgery.
"People say my bone structure, eyes and lips are almost identical to Harry's. I haven't started dating yet but girls flirt with me and I even get chatted up by older women, like Harry does. But I want to have my op before I date".
Hopefully, Best won't be taking dating tips and advices from Styles. Recently, the 18-year-old singer has admitted that he was terrified the first time he had sex and was convinced his partner was pregnant afterwards.
"The first time I had sex, I was scared I got the girl pregnant," the teen confessed, adding, "And that was despite the fact we were safe. Luckily, we were fine. I would never risk not wearing a condom. It's too much of a risk... If you're not ready for a child, then don't risk it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate