Honda Recalls CBR 250R Bikes To Rectify Faulty Front Brakes
By Sree Vazhakode | November 20, 2012 3:19 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has recalled its premium bike model CBR 250R due to problems relating to its front braking application, the company said in a statement.
The recall will be effective for 11,500 units of the CBR 250R "standard" model manufactured in India between March 2011 and September 2012.
"There is a possibility of limited ineffectiveness in front brakes application though this concern doesn't impact the overall braking functionality and effectiveness of front and rear brakes under normal riding conditions," the company said in the statement.
HMSI said that the recall move is to further enhance customer trust in the brand and claimed that it is the first two-wheeler manufacturer in India to recall the vehicles voluntarily. "This voluntary move, the first time by any two-wheeler manufacturer in India, is intrinsic to Honda's pro-activeness as a responsible manufacturer, which will further enhance ownership experience and strengthen customer trust and confidence in the brand," as given in the company statement.
The company said the vehicle can be rectified of the problem at any Honda exclusive authorised dealers across India and will take less than an hour to complete. The problem will be corrected free of cost, irrespective of the warranty status.
The CBR 250R standard variant is sold at 1.48 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) rupees.
In the four-wheeler front, Honda will be launching its first diesel engine car Amaze in Indian markets by next year. The car nicknamed as the Smart Micro Limousine for the Indian market will provide a practical and reliable diesel alternative for entry level sedan buyers, a Hindu Business line report said.
Although primarily being launched as a diesel variant, Amaze is also expected to come with 1.2 litre petrol engine by the middle of next year. The price of the Amaze is expected to be in the range of Rs. 5.4 to 8 lakhs depending on the variant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports