Honda Recalls CBR 250R Bikes To Rectify Faulty Front Brakes
By Sree Vazhakode | November 20, 2012 3:19 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has recalled its premium bike model CBR 250R due to problems relating to its front braking application, the company said in a statement.
The recall will be effective for 11,500 units of the CBR 250R "standard" model manufactured in India between March 2011 and September 2012.
"There is a possibility of limited ineffectiveness in front brakes application though this concern doesn't impact the overall braking functionality and effectiveness of front and rear brakes under normal riding conditions," the company said in the statement.
HMSI said that the recall move is to further enhance customer trust in the brand and claimed that it is the first two-wheeler manufacturer in India to recall the vehicles voluntarily. "This voluntary move, the first time by any two-wheeler manufacturer in India, is intrinsic to Honda's pro-activeness as a responsible manufacturer, which will further enhance ownership experience and strengthen customer trust and confidence in the brand," as given in the company statement.
The company said the vehicle can be rectified of the problem at any Honda exclusive authorised dealers across India and will take less than an hour to complete. The problem will be corrected free of cost, irrespective of the warranty status.
The CBR 250R standard variant is sold at 1.48 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) rupees.
In the four-wheeler front, Honda will be launching its first diesel engine car Amaze in Indian markets by next year. The car nicknamed as the Smart Micro Limousine for the Indian market will provide a practical and reliable diesel alternative for entry level sedan buyers, a Hindu Business line report said.
Although primarily being launched as a diesel variant, Amaze is also expected to come with 1.2 litre petrol engine by the middle of next year. The price of the Amaze is expected to be in the range of Rs. 5.4 to 8 lakhs depending on the variant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet