Honda Recalls CBR 250R Bikes To Rectify Faulty Front Brakes
By Sree Vazhakode | November 20, 2012 3:19 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has recalled its premium bike model CBR 250R due to problems relating to its front braking application, the company said in a statement.
The recall will be effective for 11,500 units of the CBR 250R "standard" model manufactured in India between March 2011 and September 2012.
"There is a possibility of limited ineffectiveness in front brakes application though this concern doesn't impact the overall braking functionality and effectiveness of front and rear brakes under normal riding conditions," the company said in the statement.
HMSI said that the recall move is to further enhance customer trust in the brand and claimed that it is the first two-wheeler manufacturer in India to recall the vehicles voluntarily. "This voluntary move, the first time by any two-wheeler manufacturer in India, is intrinsic to Honda's pro-activeness as a responsible manufacturer, which will further enhance ownership experience and strengthen customer trust and confidence in the brand," as given in the company statement.
The company said the vehicle can be rectified of the problem at any Honda exclusive authorised dealers across India and will take less than an hour to complete. The problem will be corrected free of cost, irrespective of the warranty status.
The CBR 250R standard variant is sold at 1.48 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) rupees.
In the four-wheeler front, Honda will be launching its first diesel engine car Amaze in Indian markets by next year. The car nicknamed as the Smart Micro Limousine for the Indian market will provide a practical and reliable diesel alternative for entry level sedan buyers, a Hindu Business line report said.
Although primarily being launched as a diesel variant, Amaze is also expected to come with 1.2 litre petrol engine by the middle of next year. The price of the Amaze is expected to be in the range of Rs. 5.4 to 8 lakhs depending on the variant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes