Honda Recalls CBR 250R Bikes To Rectify Faulty Front Brakes
By Sree Vazhakode | November 20, 2012 3:19 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has recalled its premium bike model CBR 250R due to problems relating to its front braking application, the company said in a statement.
The recall will be effective for 11,500 units of the CBR 250R "standard" model manufactured in India between March 2011 and September 2012.
"There is a possibility of limited ineffectiveness in front brakes application though this concern doesn't impact the overall braking functionality and effectiveness of front and rear brakes under normal riding conditions," the company said in the statement.
HMSI said that the recall move is to further enhance customer trust in the brand and claimed that it is the first two-wheeler manufacturer in India to recall the vehicles voluntarily. "This voluntary move, the first time by any two-wheeler manufacturer in India, is intrinsic to Honda's pro-activeness as a responsible manufacturer, which will further enhance ownership experience and strengthen customer trust and confidence in the brand," as given in the company statement.
The company said the vehicle can be rectified of the problem at any Honda exclusive authorised dealers across India and will take less than an hour to complete. The problem will be corrected free of cost, irrespective of the warranty status.
The CBR 250R standard variant is sold at 1.48 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) rupees.
In the four-wheeler front, Honda will be launching its first diesel engine car Amaze in Indian markets by next year. The car nicknamed as the Smart Micro Limousine for the Indian market will provide a practical and reliable diesel alternative for entry level sedan buyers, a Hindu Business line report said.
Although primarily being launched as a diesel variant, Amaze is also expected to come with 1.2 litre petrol engine by the middle of next year. The price of the Amaze is expected to be in the range of Rs. 5.4 to 8 lakhs depending on the variant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions