Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3 Mini to be Available in Other Colors in 2013
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 20, 2012 1:05 PM EST
Rumors emerged that tech giant Samsung will release new colors for its new handsets - Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3 Mini.
This is not impossible since the Samsung Galaxy S3 is available in six colour options such as blue, white, brown, sapphire black, titanium grey, and garnet red, and according to a report by Sammobile.
The two devices are currently available in Marble White and Pebble Blue color options. According to reports, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will have Ruby Wine, Topaz Blue, and Amber Brown jacket options, with the Korean manufacturer shipping the new colors sometime next year.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, on the other hand, the Android Jelly Bean smartphone will gain Onyx Black, Garnet Red and Titan Grey jackets, with Samsung expected to ship the new colors either sometime next month of early 2013.
It is very likely that the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will offer more colors next year, and Samsung might unveil the new lineup at next year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
It is also highly possible that the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 colors were made to compete with the new Nokia Lumia 920 which offers more variants, red, cyan, yellow, black, grey and white. Nokia is also offering two options for the Nokia Lumia 920′s case, matte and glossy.
Not all people desire the common black and white variants of mobile phones and they prefer a different color to fit their personality or lifestyle. Samsung realized this and tries to lure more buyers by offering new colors of its devices.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 made its way to the Australian shores officially last week at a fancy launch event in Sydney. The device boasts its quad-core processor, Android Jelly Bean mobile operating system version 4.1, 2GB RAM, 8-megapixel camera, front-facing HD camera, its stylus known as "S Pen" and the large 5.5-inch Super AMOLED screen display.
The Galaxy Note 2 costs $899 for its outright price. The device will be available in all Australian carriers, Samsung stores and retailers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James