Sarah Cafferkey: Missing Vic Woman Confirmed Dead, Murder Suspect is a Convicted Killer
By Arlene Paredes | November 20, 2012 12:24 PM EST
The woman's body found in a Melbourne crime scene has been formally identified as Sarah Cafferkey. Reports say the suspect in Cafferkey's murder is a convicted killer, and is now the subject of a nationwide hunt.
Sarah Cafferkey, 22, from Bacchus Marsh, was reported missing on Nov.9 after reportedly spending time with friends.
Sarah's 2001 Astra sedan was found in Maribyrnong just days after her disappearance. Investigating authorities later picked up a lead that brought them to a Point Cook house on Saturday night. Police acquired a search warrant, which led to the discovery of Sarah's body. A murder investigation followed.
Murder Suspect: Convicted killer
Police have yet to release any theories on the murderer's motives. As part of their investigation, detectives are also mum on any murder weapon used as well as the cause of death. But Herald Sun reported, "(T)he person of interest has a violent history and recently split from his girlfriend."
It was also revealed that the suspect was convicted in 1986. He stabbed to death an 18-year-old woman, and was sentenced to a minimum of 13 years in jail. He had escaped from prison after four years, but police caught him just 30 minutes later.
Sarah Cafferkey: Who sent the 'heartbreaker' message on Facebook?
Police officers have earlier said they were looking into Sarah's personal Facebook page. They spotted some crucial messages linked to the suspect. The messages seemed friendly and innocent, except for the part when the poster called Sarah a "heartbreaker."
The Australian reported the suspect left Sarah the following messages via Facebook:
"Love the pics....Looking good Heartbreaker lol"
"Catch up when you get free time...."
A Facebook page that was created to reach out to anyone who may have information on Sarah is now filled with messages of sympathies for the young woman's family.
"Thoughts and prayers are with Sarah, Sarah's family and everyone affected no family should have to go through something like this," wrote Jasmine Rachwalski.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Beheading Video of Steven Sotloff Sparks Outrage; Family Believes Footage is 'Authentic'
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display