Jennifer Hawkins to Host ‘Australia’s Next Top Model’
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 20, 2012 11:30 AM EST
Former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins was chosen to replace Sarah Murdoch and crowned as the new host of "Australia's Next Top Model".
The model will be the host of the eighth cycle of the franchise, which will air on Fox 8 next year. The show's judges, fashion designer Alex Perry and former model Charlotte Dawson, will reprise their roles in the show.
It was announced last year that Sarah Murdoch will leave the show as host and executive producer. "Leaving the show has been a very difficult decision for me. Being entrusted to work on all aspects as host and co-executive producer has been a huge experience and I have enjoyed it so much," Murdoch said.
Finally, the show found a replacement after a year of searching. Hawkins told TodayFM this morning that she has been in negotiations about the show since last year but blamed scheduling conflicts for the delayed appointment.
Foxtel spokesperson said that the lack of a host is the reason why the series took a time off this year. The show is scheduled to return in 2013 with auditions to start in January.
Hawkins previously hosted Seven's rival modelling reality show, Make Me a Supermodel, which only lasted one season back in 2008.
Last August, it was reported that Miranda Kerr was in negotiations with the network to take on the shoes of Sarah Murdoch. According to Sydney Morning Herald, the beautiful model mum did not confirm nor deny the possibility that she will be hosting the Foxtel's hit television series "Australia's Next Top Model" taking the place of Sarah Murdoch after the latter resigned from the role last season.
Miranda Kerr will be included in the list of the show's hosts, following the footsteps of Erika Heynatz and Jodhi Meares as previous hosts of the popular show.
Foxtel's Director of Television, Brian Walsh admitted that talks have taken place with the supermodel mum. "We have met with Miranda's management in the course of determining a talent strategy for Foxtel across a number of our properties including Australia's Next Top Model," he said.
"We have yet to finalise those plans but we have expressed to IMG our interest in developing a prime time vehicle for Miranda. It is really now up to her to decide if she wants to commit but we are keen, certainly," Mr. Walsh quickly added. However, it seems that the negotiations did not succeed or go further.
Murdoch hosted Australia's Next Top Model for three years and unfortunately is most famous for incorrectly naming Kelsey Martinovich as the winner in the 2010 live finale. Amanda Ware was announced as the actual winner an awkward moment later.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]