Jennifer Hawkins to Host ‘Australia’s Next Top Model’
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 20, 2012 11:30 AM EST
Former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins was chosen to replace Sarah Murdoch and crowned as the new host of "Australia's Next Top Model".
The model will be the host of the eighth cycle of the franchise, which will air on Fox 8 next year. The show's judges, fashion designer Alex Perry and former model Charlotte Dawson, will reprise their roles in the show.
It was announced last year that Sarah Murdoch will leave the show as host and executive producer. "Leaving the show has been a very difficult decision for me. Being entrusted to work on all aspects as host and co-executive producer has been a huge experience and I have enjoyed it so much," Murdoch said.
Finally, the show found a replacement after a year of searching. Hawkins told TodayFM this morning that she has been in negotiations about the show since last year but blamed scheduling conflicts for the delayed appointment.
Foxtel spokesperson said that the lack of a host is the reason why the series took a time off this year. The show is scheduled to return in 2013 with auditions to start in January.
Hawkins previously hosted Seven's rival modelling reality show, Make Me a Supermodel, which only lasted one season back in 2008.
Last August, it was reported that Miranda Kerr was in negotiations with the network to take on the shoes of Sarah Murdoch. According to Sydney Morning Herald, the beautiful model mum did not confirm nor deny the possibility that she will be hosting the Foxtel's hit television series "Australia's Next Top Model" taking the place of Sarah Murdoch after the latter resigned from the role last season.
Miranda Kerr will be included in the list of the show's hosts, following the footsteps of Erika Heynatz and Jodhi Meares as previous hosts of the popular show.
Foxtel's Director of Television, Brian Walsh admitted that talks have taken place with the supermodel mum. "We have met with Miranda's management in the course of determining a talent strategy for Foxtel across a number of our properties including Australia's Next Top Model," he said.
"We have yet to finalise those plans but we have expressed to IMG our interest in developing a prime time vehicle for Miranda. It is really now up to her to decide if she wants to commit but we are keen, certainly," Mr. Walsh quickly added. However, it seems that the negotiations did not succeed or go further.
Murdoch hosted Australia's Next Top Model for three years and unfortunately is most famous for incorrectly naming Kelsey Martinovich as the winner in the 2010 live finale. Amanda Ware was announced as the actual winner an awkward moment later.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales