Liverpool Transfer News: Rossi, Ince, Bony and Jeffren Discussed in Latest Speculation
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 20, 2012 9:19 AM EST
Liverpool continue to be linked with a host of players who could improve the club’s attacking options in the January transfer window. With the Reds currently down to Luis Suarez as their only fit and established striker, manager Brendan Rodgers is sure to make reinforcing that area of his squad a priority.
The latest name to be mentioned in connection with a move to Anfield is Villarreal front man Giuseppe Rossi. The Italy international is currently sidelined with a second cruciate ligament injury in two seasons that is expected to keep him out until at least March. However, that prognosis will not deter Rodgers from trying to pursue a cut-price deal in January, according to the Sunday People.
Before his first cruciate ligament injury in October 2011, Rossi had been one of Europe’s most coveted forwards , but the former Manchester United man, 25, would surely now be considered a risky purchase given the uncertainty of how he will return after two serious injuries.
Despite that fact, Inter are also said to be interested in the New Jersey born star.
Liverpool may well need more than one forward reinforcement and the club is also linked with Vitesse Arnhem striker Wilfried Bony. The Ivory Coast international has sparked speculation over his future after hitting a staggering 14 goals in just 13 Eredivisie appearances this season.
The 23-year-old, who has been linked with Chelsea in recent times, is now an £8 million target for Liverpool, according to the Sunday Express.
The Reds could also be looking at wide forwards, with Rodgers keen to bring Tom Ince back to the club, according to the Sun. The 20-year-old was allowed to leave Anfield and move to Blackpool in the summer of 2011, but has since been a big success at the Championship Club.
Despite also being linked with Manchester United, the England Under-21 international has said that he is only thinking about Blackpool for the time being.
“I wouldn’t be where I am if it wasn’t for Blackpool,” he said, according to the Sun. “I’ve been given the chance to play week in, week out at a very high level.
“It is flattering to have all that interest. It shows you are playing good football and are in good form but my focus is on playing for Blackpool.”
According to the Sun, Liverpool also have an eye on Sporting Lisbon wide man Jeffren. The former Barcelona man could arrive at Anfield initially on loan with a view to a permanent deal. The 24-year-old joined Sporting from Barcelona in the summer of 2011, but has struggled with injuries during his time in Portugal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists