Liverpool Transfer News: Rossi, Ince, Bony and Jeffren Discussed in Latest Speculation
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 20, 2012 9:19 AM EST
Liverpool continue to be linked with a host of players who could improve the club’s attacking options in the January transfer window. With the Reds currently down to Luis Suarez as their only fit and established striker, manager Brendan Rodgers is sure to make reinforcing that area of his squad a priority.
The latest name to be mentioned in connection with a move to Anfield is Villarreal front man Giuseppe Rossi. The Italy international is currently sidelined with a second cruciate ligament injury in two seasons that is expected to keep him out until at least March. However, that prognosis will not deter Rodgers from trying to pursue a cut-price deal in January, according to the Sunday People.
Before his first cruciate ligament injury in October 2011, Rossi had been one of Europe’s most coveted forwards , but the former Manchester United man, 25, would surely now be considered a risky purchase given the uncertainty of how he will return after two serious injuries.
Despite that fact, Inter are also said to be interested in the New Jersey born star.
Liverpool may well need more than one forward reinforcement and the club is also linked with Vitesse Arnhem striker Wilfried Bony. The Ivory Coast international has sparked speculation over his future after hitting a staggering 14 goals in just 13 Eredivisie appearances this season.
The 23-year-old, who has been linked with Chelsea in recent times, is now an £8 million target for Liverpool, according to the Sunday Express.
The Reds could also be looking at wide forwards, with Rodgers keen to bring Tom Ince back to the club, according to the Sun. The 20-year-old was allowed to leave Anfield and move to Blackpool in the summer of 2011, but has since been a big success at the Championship Club.
Despite also being linked with Manchester United, the England Under-21 international has said that he is only thinking about Blackpool for the time being.
“I wouldn’t be where I am if it wasn’t for Blackpool,” he said, according to the Sun. “I’ve been given the chance to play week in, week out at a very high level.
“It is flattering to have all that interest. It shows you are playing good football and are in good form but my focus is on playing for Blackpool.”
According to the Sun, Liverpool also have an eye on Sporting Lisbon wide man Jeffren. The former Barcelona man could arrive at Anfield initially on loan with a view to a permanent deal. The 24-year-old joined Sporting from Barcelona in the summer of 2011, but has struggled with injuries during his time in Portugal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues