Kristen Stewart To Star In 'Snow White And The Huntsman' Sequel, Rupert Sanders Not Directing: Report
By Justine Ashley Costanza | November 20, 2012 8:52 AM EST
Following the blockbuster debut of "Breaking Dawn: Part 2," reports have surfaced that Kristen Stewart will star in a sequel to "Snow White and the Huntsman."
According to Radar Onliner, the follow-up to the hit action flick, which offers a dark re-imagining of the "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," will not be directed by Rupert Sanders.
"The script has already been written and production will begin late next year," the site reported.
"However, Rupert Sanders definitely won't be a part of the project. Rupert didn't want to be a part of it to begin with because he is desperately still trying to save his marriage. The search is still on for a new director."
The outlet cites "a source "close to the situation" for the story, but plans to move forward with the film have not been announced by the trades.
The status of the "Snow White and the Huntsman" sequel has been has been widely speculated about since Stewart was photographed in a romantic embrace with the 41-year-old Sanders, who is married with two children.
In a May, pre-scandal interview with E!, the 22-year old actress expressed her desire to star in a sequel to the film.
"I would do it in a heartbeat," Stewart said. "I know with the people involved it would only be done [because] it's very worthwhile and it's a good movie. We wouldn't just be cashing in.
"We don't have to do it," she continued. "That's the coolest thing. There's no pressure. But to be able to expand on this would be awesome."
In August, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that Stewart had been dropped from the sequel following the scandal. Yet days later a rep for Universal refuted the story telling US Weekly, "We are exploring options to continue the franchise and no decisions have been made."
Earlier this month, Stewart was asked by the Hollywood Reporter if a follow-up to the hit film was on the way.
"Maybe. No one's positive or anything but I think there's a strong possibility," she said.
"Snow White and the Huntsman," which was one of the few female-driven films released this summer, grossed over $396 million worldwide--exceeding box office expectations. Rumors that the story could spawn a trilogy have also surfaced.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert