JPMorgan names retail finance executive Lake as new CFO
November 20, 2012 9:00 AM EST
JPMorgan Chase & Co
Lake, 43, will replace Doug Braunstein early next year, the largest U.S. bank said in a statement on Monday. Braunstein, a former investment banker, will become a vice chairman at the company, the statement said.
Lake, has been the CFO for the company's retail branch systems since 2009. From 2007 to 2009, she worked in JPMorgan's investment bank as global controller in finance and business management.
Press reports last month said Doug Braunstein was looking at other positions in the bank. JPMorgan Chase, which has been roiled by $6.2 billion of trading losses from bad credit bets, has had a series of management shake ups in recent months.
A person familiar with the matter last month said any move by Braunstein would be his decision, and was unrelated to the credit trades.
(Reporting by David Henry in New York; Editing by Carol Bishopric and Diane Craft)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]