Wall Street rises on budget talk optimism
November 20, 2012 2:07 AM EST
Stock opened higher on Monday, with the S&P 500 rising 1 percent, as signs of progress in talks to resolve the fiscal crunch heartened investors at the start of a holiday-shortened week.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> gained 100.14 points, or 0.80 percent, to 12,688.45. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> rose 13.76 points, or 1.01 percent, to 1,373.64. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> climbed 33.70 points, or 1.18 percent, to 2,886.83.
(Reporting by Leah Schnurr; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery