Liverpool Turn Attentions To Out of Favour Spanish Forward - Report
By Vanessa Keller | November 20, 2012 1:23 AM EST
Liverpool have turned their attentions to another Suarez, if reports in Portugal and England are to be believed, with the club hoping to broker a deal for Jeffren Suarez in January as they look to seriously bolster the squad's up front options.
The Reds have been clear about their intentions to improve the squad in the winter transfer market, with Brendan Rodgers well aware that he will need to spend to keep the side in the fight for a top four spot despite the mid-season market being typically overpriced.
"I am confident we will be able to reinforce the squad. We know we need to get the group some help and I am sure we will do that," Rodgers said last week.
"The quicker we can get it done the better and that will certainly be the aim."
Suarez was believed to be a top target for Kenny Dalglish in the 2011 summer transfer window, but a deal never eventuated, despite the former Barcelona man saying he would consider a move to the Premier League.
Instead, he signed for Sporting Lisbon, but has struggled for game time at the club since, receiving 14 appearances in his first season with the club. With that in mind, Liverpool could get him for a cheap price, and Rodgers has also been very clear about how badly the club need to stick to budget in the next transfer window.
Talksport are reporting that Liverpool believe that Jeffren will compliment fellow forward Luis Suarez, and as Rodgers looks to options that won't break the bank, he could be a possibility come January as he searches for a way out of Sporting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage