Liverpool Turn Attentions To Out of Favour Spanish Forward - Report
By Vanessa Keller | November 20, 2012 1:23 AM EST
Liverpool have turned their attentions to another Suarez, if reports in Portugal and England are to be believed, with the club hoping to broker a deal for Jeffren Suarez in January as they look to seriously bolster the squad's up front options.
The Reds have been clear about their intentions to improve the squad in the winter transfer market, with Brendan Rodgers well aware that he will need to spend to keep the side in the fight for a top four spot despite the mid-season market being typically overpriced.
"I am confident we will be able to reinforce the squad. We know we need to get the group some help and I am sure we will do that," Rodgers said last week.
"The quicker we can get it done the better and that will certainly be the aim."
Suarez was believed to be a top target for Kenny Dalglish in the 2011 summer transfer window, but a deal never eventuated, despite the former Barcelona man saying he would consider a move to the Premier League.
Instead, he signed for Sporting Lisbon, but has struggled for game time at the club since, receiving 14 appearances in his first season with the club. With that in mind, Liverpool could get him for a cheap price, and Rodgers has also been very clear about how badly the club need to stick to budget in the next transfer window.
Talksport are reporting that Liverpool believe that Jeffren will compliment fellow forward Luis Suarez, and as Rodgers looks to options that won't break the bank, he could be a possibility come January as he searches for a way out of Sporting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales