Arsenal Forward Open to Tottenham Move
By Vishnuprasad S | November 19, 2012 11:25 PM EST
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has refused to rule out a transfer to the Gunners' derby rivals Tottenham Hotspur in the near future.
The Denmark international, who is currently on loan at Serie A champions Juventus, has widely been tipped to leave Arsenal on a permanent basis next summer. And the 24-year-old admitted he could be tempted by a switch to Spurs, if his ambitions are matched.
"History is filled with examples of players moving between rival clubs and I can't rule out clubs due to where I might have been in the past. It might not be the best idea but if the project matches my ambitions I would have to be interested," the Daily Mail quoted Bendtner as saying.
"I still have a great relationship with London, which is a city that I adore. I have a lot of friends in London and there are a lot of great clubs in London, so I wouldn't rule out a return," the Dane added.
Bendtner joined Arsenal from native outfit Kjobenhavns Boldklub as a 16-year-old in 2004. He broke into the Gunners' first team in the 2007-08 season and has made over 150 appearances for the club in all competitions, scoring 45 times. The striker spent the last campaign on loan at Sunderland.
Frimpong Joins Charlton on Loan
Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong has completed a loan move to Championship side Charlton Athletic. The Gunners have confirmed that the 20-year-old will be at The Valley till January 1 as he looks for the opportunity to return to regular competitive football.
Frimpong, who was out for around seven months due to a knee injury suffered while on loan with Wolverhampton Wanderers last season, has featured twice for the Arsenal first team this term in the League Cup.
The holding midfielder was linked with a return to Wolves but manager Stale Solbakken ruled out a move before January as he was unconvinced by the player's current level of fitness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?