Arsenal Forward Open to Tottenham Move
By Vishnuprasad S | November 19, 2012 11:25 PM EST
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has refused to rule out a transfer to the Gunners' derby rivals Tottenham Hotspur in the near future.
The Denmark international, who is currently on loan at Serie A champions Juventus, has widely been tipped to leave Arsenal on a permanent basis next summer. And the 24-year-old admitted he could be tempted by a switch to Spurs, if his ambitions are matched.
"History is filled with examples of players moving between rival clubs and I can't rule out clubs due to where I might have been in the past. It might not be the best idea but if the project matches my ambitions I would have to be interested," the Daily Mail quoted Bendtner as saying.
"I still have a great relationship with London, which is a city that I adore. I have a lot of friends in London and there are a lot of great clubs in London, so I wouldn't rule out a return," the Dane added.
Bendtner joined Arsenal from native outfit Kjobenhavns Boldklub as a 16-year-old in 2004. He broke into the Gunners' first team in the 2007-08 season and has made over 150 appearances for the club in all competitions, scoring 45 times. The striker spent the last campaign on loan at Sunderland.
Frimpong Joins Charlton on Loan
Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong has completed a loan move to Championship side Charlton Athletic. The Gunners have confirmed that the 20-year-old will be at The Valley till January 1 as he looks for the opportunity to return to regular competitive football.
Frimpong, who was out for around seven months due to a knee injury suffered while on loan with Wolverhampton Wanderers last season, has featured twice for the Arsenal first team this term in the League Cup.
The holding midfielder was linked with a return to Wolves but manager Stale Solbakken ruled out a move before January as he was unconvinced by the player's current level of fitness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]