Lowe's quarterly sales beat Wall Street estimates
November 19, 2012 10:35 PM EST
Lowe's Cos Inc reported a higher quarterly profit on Monday as preparation and rebuilding efforts tied to superstorm Sandy boosted sales at the world's No. 2 home improvement chain.
Sales rose 1.9 percent to $12.1 billion in the third quarter ended November 2, while analysts on average expected $11.9 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sales at stores open at least year rose 1.8 percent both globally and in the United States.
Net income rose to $396 million, or 35 cents per share, from $225 million, or 18 cents per share, a year earlier.
Mooresville, North Carolina-based Lowe's, which has stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico, still expects total sales to be flat for the fiscal year ending on January 31. It also maintained its full-year profit forecast of $1.64 a share.
(Reporting by Phil Wahba in New York; Additional reporting by Dhanya Skariachan; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display