Lowe's quarterly sales beat Wall Street estimates
November 19, 2012 10:35 PM EST
Lowe's Cos Inc reported a higher quarterly profit on Monday as preparation and rebuilding efforts tied to superstorm Sandy boosted sales at the world's No. 2 home improvement chain.
Sales rose 1.9 percent to $12.1 billion in the third quarter ended November 2, while analysts on average expected $11.9 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sales at stores open at least year rose 1.8 percent both globally and in the United States.
Net income rose to $396 million, or 35 cents per share, from $225 million, or 18 cents per share, a year earlier.
Mooresville, North Carolina-based Lowe's, which has stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico, still expects total sales to be flat for the fiscal year ending on January 31. It also maintained its full-year profit forecast of $1.64 a share.
(Reporting by Phil Wahba in New York; Additional reporting by Dhanya Skariachan; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones