EU Morning Report - Middle East tensions push OIL
By NikolasX | November 19, 2012 6:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is strengthening against most of its major counterparts, as risk appetite is back on the table and the financial calendar is lackluster. The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) tomorrow, and the Royal Bank of England (BoE) on Wednesday, are due to release their latest policy meeting minutes. The minutes will offer an insight into RBA’s surprising decision to hold onto its lending rate against the consensus of another cut and the BoE’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) votes.
§ The euro (EUR) recorded a 10-week low versus the US dollar (USD) at 1.2690 on Friday but has since managed to recover and now trades just below 1.2800.
§ OIL advanced by 2 US dollars a barrel over the past week, on the back of rising tensions in Gaza. The key level to watch is 88.00 and the precious commodity looks upbeat, early in the EU session.
§ Gold (XAU) dropped to 1700 lows against the US dollar (USD) on Thursday and Friday last week; however it has produced a sturdy rise and now trades above 1720.
§ GER 30 (DAX) plunged to 6948, a multi-week low, from 7032.5 on Friday, having started the week 7167.3. The German index today opened back above the 7000 area.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2705||LONG @ 1.2715||55% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||80.30||LONG @ 80.30||38% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5880||SHORT @ 1.5880||62% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0395||SHORT @ 1.0381||58% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1717||LONG @ 1720||67% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||84.90||LONG @ 84.90||69% of deals buy OIL|
|.||USD||15:00||Existing Home Sales||4.76mil|
|.||NZD||23:45||PPI Output m/m in 3rd quarter||0.3%|
OIL rebounded off 85.40 US dollars a barrel, broke through a resistance level found around 87.25, and recorded a 2-week high at 87.99 where the precious commodity met considerable selling pressure. Market participants should pay close attention around the 88 area, as a break-and-hold above this level could pave the way for higher highs.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch