'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Crosses ₹100 Crore Mark at Box Office
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 19, 2012 6:00 PM EST
It's raining money for Shahrukh Khan starrer "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" at the box office with its total collection crossing the ₹100 crore mark from just five days of screening.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan," featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma, was released in about 2,500 screens worldwide on Tuesday, on the occasion of Diwali, and has been going strong at the box office ever since.
Popular trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh has tweeted that the total earning of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" from five days has crossed the ₹100 crore mark.
"Yes, #JTHJ *India + Overseas biz* crossed Rs 100 cr mark on Saturday," tweeted Taran.
"JTHJ" earned ₹6.48 crore in UK and Ireland, ₹12.18 crore from UAE and GCC, and ₹8.54 crore from USA and Cannada, taking the total overseas collection from Tuesday to Saturday to ₹35.20 crore ($ 6.38 million), revealed Taran Adarsh.
"#JTHJ Tuesday to Saturday *Overseas total* stands at approx $ 6.38 million [Rs 35.20 crores]. SUPERB," he tweeted. He had earlier revealed that the film collected PKR 93 lakhs from Thursday's preview and Friday release from the neighbouring country Pakistan, which is a record.
"JTHJ" collected ₹15.23 crore from 2,500 screens on the day of release and the total collection from domestic box office till Friday was ₹60.39 crore.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is Katrina's first film with King Khan since she entered Bollywood in 2003 with "Boom."
Produced by Aditya Chopra under the Yash Raj Films banner, this romantic film marks the return of Yash Chopra as a director after a gap of eight years. The director passed away last month, just a few weeks before the film's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)