Royals Need No Kollection: Kate Middleton Rejects Free Clothes From Kim Kardashian
By Czarina Malleta | November 19, 2012 3:48 PM EST
The Duchess of Cambridge is admired all over the world for her sense of style and elegance. That is why any designer would be thrilled to have her wear their creation. But as some dresses are clearly Kate's favorites, Kim Kardashian's creation doesn't have what it takes to be in the royal closet.
During Kim Kardashian's trip to London, she was in for some piece of action and rejection. After launching their fashion collection for Dorothy Perkins, Kim allegedly sent a bunch of free clothes for The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton. But apparently, the clothes were sent back to the reality star.
Kim Kardashian faces one of her biggest rejections as Kate Middleton declines the free clothes that were sent to her. According to The Examiner, Kate politely declined to accept any free clothing from the busty reality star.
"Kate is hardly going to turn up for an event with the queen in a cheap leopard-print miniskirt or gold sequined jacket," a palace insider told the magazine.
The source also added that Kim tried to invite Kate Middleton for tea in an attempt to get close with the Duchess. But unfortunately for Kim, Kate once again declined the offer.
"Kim never asked Kate to lunch. She was there (in England) working for a few days," a friend of Kim defended the star.
"She hoped Kate might be seen wearing one of the designs out in public, which would give their fashion credentials a huge boost," another insider said.
And although a representative of Kim Kardashian refused to make any comments, a spokesperson of Kate Middleton clarified the issue.
"In general terms, the policy of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is not to accept any unsolicited gifts unless the sender is known personally to His or Her Royal Highness. Any such gifts are returned to the sender with thanks and an explanation of Their Royal Highnesses' policy," the representative said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon