Melbourne Murder? ‘We may Have Found Sarah Cafferkey’s Body’ – Police
By Arlene Paredes | November 19, 2012 1:01 PM EST
Melbourne Police may have found a Bacchus Marsh woman who was reported missing on November 9, but detectives are not making any solid confirmation pending further investigation.
Sarah Cafferkey, 22, was last seen by her family at home in Ross Street, Bacchus Marsh in Victoria.
Here is a round-up of reports on the case of Sarah Cafferkey:
9. The page described Sarah as Caucasian with green eyes, a fair complexion, of thin build, and 168 cm tall. The accompanying photo was used in the 'Help' page.
Herald Sun spoke to one of Sarah's neighbors who said she was "a bubbly young woman, who was always playing with her dog."
8. Details surrounding Sarah's disappearance are scarce, so concerned family and friends warned against overreaching and speculations.
"With the media now speculating into [the] disappearance of Sarah, I ask of you all to be conscious of things you post on what you have read. To some this is just an intriguing and sad story about a small town girl, to some of us though this is a real life, daily, gut wrenching [and] confusing time and our concern is of her safe return not on the possibilities of her having chosen to leave or otherwise," said Ali Evans on Facebook.
7. Sarah Cafferkey's case brings to memory the tragic story of Melbourne's Jill Meagher. Like Jill, Sarah never made it home from a night out with friends.
6. Detective Inspector Michael Roberts spoke to Fairfax Radio Monday morning to announce authorities have reason to believe they may have found Sarah's body. Police was led to a Melbourne crime scene at a Point Cook house on Saturday, and it was there that they found a woman's dead body.
5. Roberts stressed autopsy results were not yet available, "but we certainly believe it (the body) is Sarah Cafferkey."
4. A couple of days prior to the discovery of the body, Sarah's 2001 Astra sedan was found in Maribyrnong, about 50km away from her home.
3. The Australian reported no one has been questioned since the dead body was found in Point Cook. Still, police are not confirming any particular suspects in the crime.
2. Police are now looking in Sarah's personal Facebook page, saying she had a disagreement with a man on the social network.
1. What is clear at this point is that, Sarah's boyfriend is not considered a suspect.
"It's very early stages, suffice to say that the former boyfriend is not a suspect," Roberts said.
Anyone who can help the detectives in their investigation is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Racist Note Stereotyping Asian Drivers Left on Parked Car in NSW Sparks Online Outrage
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best