Melbourne Murder? ‘We may Have Found Sarah Cafferkey’s Body’ – Police
By Arlene Paredes | November 19, 2012 1:01 PM EST
Melbourne Police may have found a Bacchus Marsh woman who was reported missing on November 9, but detectives are not making any solid confirmation pending further investigation.
Sarah Cafferkey, 22, was last seen by her family at home in Ross Street, Bacchus Marsh in Victoria.
Here is a round-up of reports on the case of Sarah Cafferkey:
9. The page described Sarah as Caucasian with green eyes, a fair complexion, of thin build, and 168 cm tall. The accompanying photo was used in the 'Help' page.
Herald Sun spoke to one of Sarah's neighbors who said she was "a bubbly young woman, who was always playing with her dog."
8. Details surrounding Sarah's disappearance are scarce, so concerned family and friends warned against overreaching and speculations.
"With the media now speculating into [the] disappearance of Sarah, I ask of you all to be conscious of things you post on what you have read. To some this is just an intriguing and sad story about a small town girl, to some of us though this is a real life, daily, gut wrenching [and] confusing time and our concern is of her safe return not on the possibilities of her having chosen to leave or otherwise," said Ali Evans on Facebook.
7. Sarah Cafferkey's case brings to memory the tragic story of Melbourne's Jill Meagher. Like Jill, Sarah never made it home from a night out with friends.
6. Detective Inspector Michael Roberts spoke to Fairfax Radio Monday morning to announce authorities have reason to believe they may have found Sarah's body. Police was led to a Melbourne crime scene at a Point Cook house on Saturday, and it was there that they found a woman's dead body.
5. Roberts stressed autopsy results were not yet available, "but we certainly believe it (the body) is Sarah Cafferkey."
4. A couple of days prior to the discovery of the body, Sarah's 2001 Astra sedan was found in Maribyrnong, about 50km away from her home.
3. The Australian reported no one has been questioned since the dead body was found in Point Cook. Still, police are not confirming any particular suspects in the crime.
2. Police are now looking in Sarah's personal Facebook page, saying she had a disagreement with a man on the social network.
1. What is clear at this point is that, Sarah's boyfriend is not considered a suspect.
"It's very early stages, suffice to say that the former boyfriend is not a suspect," Roberts said.
Anyone who can help the detectives in their investigation is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft