Illinois Tool Works Chairman And CEO David B. Speer Dies At 61
By J.J. McGrath | November 19, 2012 10:34 AM EST
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) Chairman and CEO David B. Speer died at the age of 61 after an illness, the company announced Sunday. He was 61.
The mammoth industrial-equipment manufacturer said E. Scott Santi, 51, was elected CEO to succeed Speer, effective immediately, according to Reuters. Santi had been the acting CEO since last month, when Speer's medical leave began.
ITW also said Robert S. Morrison, 70, was elected nonexecutive chairman, effective immediately, Reuters reported. Morrison had been acting nonexecutive chairman since last month.
"On behalf of everyone at ITW, our thoughts and prayers are with David's family during this difficult time," Morrison was quoted as saying by Reuters. "David's energy and enthusiasm leave an indelible mark on ITW, the Chicago business community, and the many not-for-profit organizations he served. He will be greatly missed."
Based in Glenview, Ill., ITW has about 65,000 full-time employees and a market capitalization of about $27.28 billion. The company saw its share price rise 12 cents, or 0.2 percent, to $58.87 Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29