Illinois Tool Works Chairman And CEO David B. Speer Dies At 61
By J.J. McGrath | November 19, 2012 10:34 AM EST
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) Chairman and CEO David B. Speer died at the age of 61 after an illness, the company announced Sunday. He was 61.
The mammoth industrial-equipment manufacturer said E. Scott Santi, 51, was elected CEO to succeed Speer, effective immediately, according to Reuters. Santi had been the acting CEO since last month, when Speer's medical leave began.
ITW also said Robert S. Morrison, 70, was elected nonexecutive chairman, effective immediately, Reuters reported. Morrison had been acting nonexecutive chairman since last month.
"On behalf of everyone at ITW, our thoughts and prayers are with David's family during this difficult time," Morrison was quoted as saying by Reuters. "David's energy and enthusiasm leave an indelible mark on ITW, the Chicago business community, and the many not-for-profit organizations he served. He will be greatly missed."
Based in Glenview, Ill., ITW has about 65,000 full-time employees and a market capitalization of about $27.28 billion. The company saw its share price rise 12 cents, or 0.2 percent, to $58.87 Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date