Illinois Tool Works Chairman And CEO David B. Speer Dies At 61
By J.J. McGrath | November 19, 2012 10:34 AM EST
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) Chairman and CEO David B. Speer died at the age of 61 after an illness, the company announced Sunday. He was 61.
The mammoth industrial-equipment manufacturer said E. Scott Santi, 51, was elected CEO to succeed Speer, effective immediately, according to Reuters. Santi had been the acting CEO since last month, when Speer's medical leave began.
ITW also said Robert S. Morrison, 70, was elected nonexecutive chairman, effective immediately, Reuters reported. Morrison had been acting nonexecutive chairman since last month.
"On behalf of everyone at ITW, our thoughts and prayers are with David's family during this difficult time," Morrison was quoted as saying by Reuters. "David's energy and enthusiasm leave an indelible mark on ITW, the Chicago business community, and the many not-for-profit organizations he served. He will be greatly missed."
Based in Glenview, Ill., ITW has about 65,000 full-time employees and a market capitalization of about $27.28 billion. The company saw its share price rise 12 cents, or 0.2 percent, to $58.87 Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate