Illinois Tool Works Chairman And CEO David B. Speer Dies At 61
By J.J. McGrath | November 19, 2012 10:34 AM EST
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) Chairman and CEO David B. Speer died at the age of 61 after an illness, the company announced Sunday. He was 61.
The mammoth industrial-equipment manufacturer said E. Scott Santi, 51, was elected CEO to succeed Speer, effective immediately, according to Reuters. Santi had been the acting CEO since last month, when Speer's medical leave began.
ITW also said Robert S. Morrison, 70, was elected nonexecutive chairman, effective immediately, Reuters reported. Morrison had been acting nonexecutive chairman since last month.
"On behalf of everyone at ITW, our thoughts and prayers are with David's family during this difficult time," Morrison was quoted as saying by Reuters. "David's energy and enthusiasm leave an indelible mark on ITW, the Chicago business community, and the many not-for-profit organizations he served. He will be greatly missed."
Based in Glenview, Ill., ITW has about 65,000 full-time employees and a market capitalization of about $27.28 billion. The company saw its share price rise 12 cents, or 0.2 percent, to $58.87 Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected