Pittsburgh Steelers – Baltimore Ravens Preview: Where to Watch Free Live Stream Online, Betting Odds and More
November 19, 2012 7:50 AM EST
The matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens looked a lot different one week ago. Once 4.5-point favorites, the Steelers are now 3-point underdogs at home to their most hated rivals.
Things changed for Pittsburgh on Monday night when Ben Roethlisberger suffered an injury in the team’s win against the Kansas City Chiefs. A shoulder and rib injury could keep the quarterback out for a few weeks, and put the team’s playoff hopes in jeopardy.
The Steelers now turn to a quarterback that’s hasn’t started a game since 2009. Byron Leftwich was a first-round draft pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2003, but never lived up to expectations. He last got a shot with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. When he came in relief of Roethlisberger, Leftwich completed 7 of 14 passes, throwing for 73 yards.
Pittsburgh may have to change its offensive approach in the next week few weeks. They are in the middle of the pack in runs attempted. Rashard Mendenhall is healthy enough to start, so head coach Mike Tomlin might rely on him to help the Steelers move the ball. Isaac Redmond will also see some carries.
The Ravens suffered their worst injuries a few weeks ago. Their vaunted defense lost linebacker Ray Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb for the season. Baltimore has allowed just 15 and 20 points in the last two games, possibly adjusting to their losses on defense.
A win for the Steelers would put both teams at 7-3 and tied for first place in the AFC North. Pittsburgh has yet to lose at home this season, and the Ravens are 2-2 on the road.
The game is set to air on Sunday night on NBC at 8:20. You can watch a free live stream online with SNF Extra.
Prediction: The Ravens now have the advantage at quarterback, but Joe Flacco has been inconsistent. Against a tough Steelers defense, he could have trouble moving the ball. Leftwich should have enough help from his running backs that he can help lead the Steelers on a few touchdown drives. At home, the stronger Pittsburgh defense should prevail.
Predicted Score: Pittsburgh 17, Baltimore 16
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics