Pittsburgh Steelers – Baltimore Ravens Preview: Where to Watch Free Live Stream Online, Betting Odds and More
November 19, 2012 7:50 AM EST
The matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens looked a lot different one week ago. Once 4.5-point favorites, the Steelers are now 3-point underdogs at home to their most hated rivals.
Things changed for Pittsburgh on Monday night when Ben Roethlisberger suffered an injury in the team’s win against the Kansas City Chiefs. A shoulder and rib injury could keep the quarterback out for a few weeks, and put the team’s playoff hopes in jeopardy.
The Steelers now turn to a quarterback that’s hasn’t started a game since 2009. Byron Leftwich was a first-round draft pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2003, but never lived up to expectations. He last got a shot with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. When he came in relief of Roethlisberger, Leftwich completed 7 of 14 passes, throwing for 73 yards.
Pittsburgh may have to change its offensive approach in the next week few weeks. They are in the middle of the pack in runs attempted. Rashard Mendenhall is healthy enough to start, so head coach Mike Tomlin might rely on him to help the Steelers move the ball. Isaac Redmond will also see some carries.
The Ravens suffered their worst injuries a few weeks ago. Their vaunted defense lost linebacker Ray Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb for the season. Baltimore has allowed just 15 and 20 points in the last two games, possibly adjusting to their losses on defense.
A win for the Steelers would put both teams at 7-3 and tied for first place in the AFC North. Pittsburgh has yet to lose at home this season, and the Ravens are 2-2 on the road.
The game is set to air on Sunday night on NBC at 8:20. You can watch a free live stream online with SNF Extra.
Prediction: The Ravens now have the advantage at quarterback, but Joe Flacco has been inconsistent. Against a tough Steelers defense, he could have trouble moving the ball. Leftwich should have enough help from his running backs that he can help lead the Steelers on a few touchdown drives. At home, the stronger Pittsburgh defense should prevail.
Predicted Score: Pittsburgh 17, Baltimore 16
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China