USD/JPY Fundamental Outlook @ ForexAbode Analysis
November 19, 2012 7:03 AM EST
US Dollar-Japanese Yen (USD/JPY)
The USD/JPY fundamental outlook is updated weekly and is one of the base of the weekly analysis/forecast for USD/JPY. This is mainly derived from the recent major economic releases and news. The economic strength meter at the bottom shows the relative strengths or weakness of the currencies depending on the recent economic releases/news.
USD/JPY - Recent economic releases
U.S. (USD): Monthly Budget Statement: USD -120B, negative as compared to the forecasts (US$ -114B) as well as the previous 75B U.S. Dollars.
U.S. (USD): Produce Price Index: Year on year change in PPI was 2.3% and though less than the consensus of 2.6%, it was better than the previous 2.1%. The year on year change in the PPI ex Food & Energy was 2.1% and less than the consensus of 2.5% and previous 2.3%. Month on month change was -0.2% and negative as compared to the forecasts (0.1%) as well as the previous 0.0%.
U.S. (USD): Retail Sales: Month on month change in retail sales (-0.3%) was negative as compared to the forecasts (-0.2%) as well as the previous 1.3%. The same with month on month retail sales ex autos which was 0.0% against the expected 0.2% and previous 1.2%.
U.S. (USD): Consumer Price Index: Year on year change 2.2% and positive as compared to the forecasts (2.1%) as well as the previous 2.0%. Month on month change 0.1% was same as the consensus but quite less than the previous 0.6%. Year on year change in the CPI ex Food & Energy was 2% and same as the consensus as well as the previous release.
U.S. (USD): Jobless Claims: Initial claims were 439K and hence quite negative as compared to the forecasts (375K) as well as the previous 361K. Same with the continuing claims which were 3.334M against the expected 3.210M and previous 3.163M.
U.S. (USD): Philadelphia Fed Manufacturing Survey: -10.7 and quite negative as compared to the forecasts (2.0) as well as the previous 5.7.
U.S. (USD): Net Long-Term TIC Flows: USD 3.3B and quite negative as compared to the forecasts (USD 75.0B) as well as the previous 90.3B U.S. Dollars.
U.S. (USD): Capacity Utilization: 77.8%, negative as compared to the forecasts (78.3%) as well as the previous 78.2%.
Japan (JPY): Machine Tool Orders (prelim): Year on year change -6.7% against the previous -2.8%.
Japan (JPY): Industrial production: The year on year change remained same as the previous release at 8.1%. Same with the month on month change of 4.1%.
USD/JPY Outlook: Economic Releases (Strength Meter)
|Immediate USD/JPY outlook based on recent economic releases|
|US Dollar-Yen Interest Rates Comparision
(For Carry Trades)
Copyright ForexAbode All rights reserved.
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates