Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redskins: McCoy, Foles Lead Eagles Against Washington's Robert Griffin III, Where to Watch Online
November 19, 2012 3:04 AM EST
The Philadelphia Eagles will start a rookie quarterback Sunday for first time since the Donovan McNabb Era began in 1999.
Rookie Nick Foles will fill in for the concussed Michael Vick as the Eagles take on the Washington Redskins Sunday at Fed Ex Field.
Vick was taken out of Philadelphia’s 38-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys last week, and Foles went 22-for-32 for 219 yards with one touchdown, and his two turnovers led to Dallas touchdowns.
Foles interception was brought back 47 yards for a score by Cowboy Brandon Carr, and his fumble was returned for zero yards and a touchdown, with both coming in the fourth quarter.
The Eagles started off 3-1, but have now dropped five straight games. Unless they pull off a miraculous run in the final seven weeks of the season, speculation has head coach Andy Reid out by next year.
As Philadelphia’s future seems in doubt, the 3-6 Redskins can take solace in the fact that they have Robert Griffin III.
Even has Washington lost their third straight game to the Carolina Panthers 21-13 last week, Griffin still continues to impress. He went 23-for-39 for a game-high 215 yards, and rushed for 53 yards on 11 carries.
Still the Redskins couldn’t overcome 13 penalties for 97 yards, failed to score a touchdown until the fourth quarter despite holding possession for nearly 11 minutes more than the Panthers.
Foles first start comes against one of the poorest secondarys in the NFL, with Washington giving up 301.7 passing yards a game.
Griffin will have another weapon back Sunday, with wide receiver Pierre Garcon returning from a foot injury. The five-year veteran hasn’t played since Week 5 against Atlanta.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Washington is favored by 4 points.
Over/Under: 44.5 points
Prediction: This game could be a shootout, with Griffin and Foles both having big days. Eagles running back LeSean McCoy should prove to be the difference, as Philadelphia will find a way to win in the fourth quarter.
Predicted Score: Philadelphia 30, Washington 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People