Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redskins: McCoy, Foles Lead Eagles Against Washington's Robert Griffin III, Where to Watch Online
November 19, 2012 3:04 AM EST
The Philadelphia Eagles will start a rookie quarterback Sunday for first time since the Donovan McNabb Era began in 1999.
Rookie Nick Foles will fill in for the concussed Michael Vick as the Eagles take on the Washington Redskins Sunday at Fed Ex Field.
Vick was taken out of Philadelphia’s 38-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys last week, and Foles went 22-for-32 for 219 yards with one touchdown, and his two turnovers led to Dallas touchdowns.
Foles interception was brought back 47 yards for a score by Cowboy Brandon Carr, and his fumble was returned for zero yards and a touchdown, with both coming in the fourth quarter.
The Eagles started off 3-1, but have now dropped five straight games. Unless they pull off a miraculous run in the final seven weeks of the season, speculation has head coach Andy Reid out by next year.
As Philadelphia’s future seems in doubt, the 3-6 Redskins can take solace in the fact that they have Robert Griffin III.
Even has Washington lost their third straight game to the Carolina Panthers 21-13 last week, Griffin still continues to impress. He went 23-for-39 for a game-high 215 yards, and rushed for 53 yards on 11 carries.
Still the Redskins couldn’t overcome 13 penalties for 97 yards, failed to score a touchdown until the fourth quarter despite holding possession for nearly 11 minutes more than the Panthers.
Foles first start comes against one of the poorest secondarys in the NFL, with Washington giving up 301.7 passing yards a game.
Griffin will have another weapon back Sunday, with wide receiver Pierre Garcon returning from a foot injury. The five-year veteran hasn’t played since Week 5 against Atlanta.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Washington is favored by 4 points.
Over/Under: 44.5 points
Prediction: This game could be a shootout, with Griffin and Foles both having big days. Eagles running back LeSean McCoy should prove to be the difference, as Philadelphia will find a way to win in the fourth quarter.
Predicted Score: Philadelphia 30, Washington 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date