Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redskins: McCoy, Foles Lead Eagles Against Washington's Robert Griffin III, Where to Watch Online
November 19, 2012 3:04 AM EST
The Philadelphia Eagles will start a rookie quarterback Sunday for first time since the Donovan McNabb Era began in 1999.
Rookie Nick Foles will fill in for the concussed Michael Vick as the Eagles take on the Washington Redskins Sunday at Fed Ex Field.
Vick was taken out of Philadelphia’s 38-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys last week, and Foles went 22-for-32 for 219 yards with one touchdown, and his two turnovers led to Dallas touchdowns.
Foles interception was brought back 47 yards for a score by Cowboy Brandon Carr, and his fumble was returned for zero yards and a touchdown, with both coming in the fourth quarter.
The Eagles started off 3-1, but have now dropped five straight games. Unless they pull off a miraculous run in the final seven weeks of the season, speculation has head coach Andy Reid out by next year.
As Philadelphia’s future seems in doubt, the 3-6 Redskins can take solace in the fact that they have Robert Griffin III.
Even has Washington lost their third straight game to the Carolina Panthers 21-13 last week, Griffin still continues to impress. He went 23-for-39 for a game-high 215 yards, and rushed for 53 yards on 11 carries.
Still the Redskins couldn’t overcome 13 penalties for 97 yards, failed to score a touchdown until the fourth quarter despite holding possession for nearly 11 minutes more than the Panthers.
Foles first start comes against one of the poorest secondarys in the NFL, with Washington giving up 301.7 passing yards a game.
Griffin will have another weapon back Sunday, with wide receiver Pierre Garcon returning from a foot injury. The five-year veteran hasn’t played since Week 5 against Atlanta.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Washington is favored by 4 points.
Over/Under: 44.5 points
Prediction: This game could be a shootout, with Griffin and Foles both having big days. Eagles running back LeSean McCoy should prove to be the difference, as Philadelphia will find a way to win in the fourth quarter.
Predicted Score: Philadelphia 30, Washington 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast