Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redskins: McCoy, Foles Lead Eagles Against Washington's Robert Griffin III, Where to Watch Online
November 19, 2012 3:04 AM EST
The Philadelphia Eagles will start a rookie quarterback Sunday for first time since the Donovan McNabb Era began in 1999.
Rookie Nick Foles will fill in for the concussed Michael Vick as the Eagles take on the Washington Redskins Sunday at Fed Ex Field.
Vick was taken out of Philadelphia’s 38-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys last week, and Foles went 22-for-32 for 219 yards with one touchdown, and his two turnovers led to Dallas touchdowns.
Foles interception was brought back 47 yards for a score by Cowboy Brandon Carr, and his fumble was returned for zero yards and a touchdown, with both coming in the fourth quarter.
The Eagles started off 3-1, but have now dropped five straight games. Unless they pull off a miraculous run in the final seven weeks of the season, speculation has head coach Andy Reid out by next year.
As Philadelphia’s future seems in doubt, the 3-6 Redskins can take solace in the fact that they have Robert Griffin III.
Even has Washington lost their third straight game to the Carolina Panthers 21-13 last week, Griffin still continues to impress. He went 23-for-39 for a game-high 215 yards, and rushed for 53 yards on 11 carries.
Still the Redskins couldn’t overcome 13 penalties for 97 yards, failed to score a touchdown until the fourth quarter despite holding possession for nearly 11 minutes more than the Panthers.
Foles first start comes against one of the poorest secondarys in the NFL, with Washington giving up 301.7 passing yards a game.
Griffin will have another weapon back Sunday, with wide receiver Pierre Garcon returning from a foot injury. The five-year veteran hasn’t played since Week 5 against Atlanta.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Washington is favored by 4 points.
Over/Under: 44.5 points
Prediction: This game could be a shootout, with Griffin and Foles both having big days. Eagles running back LeSean McCoy should prove to be the difference, as Philadelphia will find a way to win in the fourth quarter.
Predicted Score: Philadelphia 30, Washington 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine