Atlanta Falcons vs Arizona Cardinals Preview Where to Watch Online
November 19, 2012 2:52 AM EST
The Atlanta Falcons will try to bounce back from their first loss of the season as they host the Arizona Cardinals Sunday at the Georgia Dome.
Matt Ryan nearly led the Falcons back from an 11-point deficit, but New Orleans was able to run the clock out with 148 rushing yards for a 31-27 win.
Ryan finished 34-for-52 for 411 yards for three scores and one interception, but running back Michael Turner only gained 15 yards on the ground on 13 carries.
Although Atlanta was the league’s last unbeaten team, their defense has been suspect throughout the season, ranking 20th against the pass and 25th in rushing.
The Falcons have not lost consecutive regular season games with Ryan starting, and Arizona is trying to avoid their six straight loss.
Coming off a bye, the Cardinals recently fell to injury depleted Green Bay Packers 31-17 in Week 9. Lauded for their overall defense, Arizona surrendered four passing touchdowns to quarterback Aaron Rodgers and 176 rushing yards.
Jon Skelton has been under center since Kevin Kolb went down with a rib injury, and finished with 306 yards for one score and a pick against the Packers.
It seems no matter the quarterback, the Cardinals offense can’t escape the league’s cellar. This year they are ranked 31 st in the league, scoring just 16 points on 295.4 total yards per game.
Opposing defenses have keyed on Arizona’s best weapon, receiver Larry Fitzgerald. The nine-year veteran is in danger of having his five consecutive 1,000-yard season streak broken this year. Through nine games Fitzgerald has 51 receptions for 585 yards and four touchdowns.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Atlanta is favored by 10 points
Over/Under: 44 points
Prediction: Atlanta will come out firing, and the Cardinals do not have the offense to keep up. Ryan and Turner should have a good day, especially if Julio Jones’ status goes from questionable to probable Sunday.
Predicted Score: Atlanta 30 , Arizona 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia