Dallas Cowboys vs Cleveland Browns Preview: Where to Watch Online, Betting Odds
November 19, 2012 2:55 AM EST
At 4-5 the Dallas Cowboys have an outside chance at the playoffs and hope to keep their season alive Sunday as they host the Cleveland Browns at Cowboys Stadium.
Dallas salvaged their season with a 38-23 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles last week, behind three touchdowns from the special teams and defense in the fourth quarter.
With the game knotted 17-17 heading into the fourth, Cowboy Dwayne Harris returned a punt 78 yards for a score, corner Brandon Carr brought back a pick 47 yards for touchdown, and Jason Hatcher recovered a fumble and returned it for zero yards and a score.
Quarterback Tony Romo went 19-for-26 for 209 yards and two touchdowns, and running back Felix Jones rushed for 71 yards on 16 carries, catching one of Romo’s scores.
It was the second straight game the Cowboys didn’t turn the ball over, but this time it resulted in a win over an NFC East rival.
Unlike Dallas, Cleveland is coming off a bye and has no shot at the playoffs.
The Browns folded 25-15 against the AFC North-leading Baltimore Ravens, scoring on five field goals, and quarterback Brandon Weeden threw two interceptions.
Both teams were able to rush, but only the Ravens reached pay dirt. Cleveland rookie Trent Richardson gained 105 yards on 25 carries.
Weeden may struggle just the same against Dallas, which has the eighth ranked secondary in the NFL. After six straight games of 200 or more passing yards, the rookie has failed to throw for a touchdown for two weeks.
The Cleveland defense, ranked No. 24 overall, has had a difficult time stopping the run. The Browns give up 132.2 rushing yards per game. Dallas could take advantage and improve on their 85.3 rushing yards per contest.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Dallas is favored by 8 points
Over/Under: 43.5 points
Prediction: Dallas should regain their ground game, and Romo will toss at least two touchdowns. If Weeden can avoid turnovers, Cleveland has an outside chance. Dallas should win by a touchdown.
Predicted Score: Dallas 30 , Cleveland 17
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans