Dallas Cowboys vs Cleveland Browns Preview: Where to Watch Online, Betting Odds
November 19, 2012 2:55 AM EST
At 4-5 the Dallas Cowboys have an outside chance at the playoffs and hope to keep their season alive Sunday as they host the Cleveland Browns at Cowboys Stadium.
Dallas salvaged their season with a 38-23 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles last week, behind three touchdowns from the special teams and defense in the fourth quarter.
With the game knotted 17-17 heading into the fourth, Cowboy Dwayne Harris returned a punt 78 yards for a score, corner Brandon Carr brought back a pick 47 yards for touchdown, and Jason Hatcher recovered a fumble and returned it for zero yards and a score.
Quarterback Tony Romo went 19-for-26 for 209 yards and two touchdowns, and running back Felix Jones rushed for 71 yards on 16 carries, catching one of Romo’s scores.
It was the second straight game the Cowboys didn’t turn the ball over, but this time it resulted in a win over an NFC East rival.
Unlike Dallas, Cleveland is coming off a bye and has no shot at the playoffs.
The Browns folded 25-15 against the AFC North-leading Baltimore Ravens, scoring on five field goals, and quarterback Brandon Weeden threw two interceptions.
Both teams were able to rush, but only the Ravens reached pay dirt. Cleveland rookie Trent Richardson gained 105 yards on 25 carries.
Weeden may struggle just the same against Dallas, which has the eighth ranked secondary in the NFL. After six straight games of 200 or more passing yards, the rookie has failed to throw for a touchdown for two weeks.
The Cleveland defense, ranked No. 24 overall, has had a difficult time stopping the run. The Browns give up 132.2 rushing yards per game. Dallas could take advantage and improve on their 85.3 rushing yards per contest.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Dallas is favored by 8 points
Over/Under: 43.5 points
Prediction: Dallas should regain their ground game, and Romo will toss at least two touchdowns. If Weeden can avoid turnovers, Cleveland has an outside chance. Dallas should win by a touchdown.
Predicted Score: Dallas 30 , Cleveland 17
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around