Dallas Cowboys vs Cleveland Browns Preview: Where to Watch Online, Betting Odds
November 19, 2012 2:55 AM EST
At 4-5 the Dallas Cowboys have an outside chance at the playoffs and hope to keep their season alive Sunday as they host the Cleveland Browns at Cowboys Stadium.
Dallas salvaged their season with a 38-23 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles last week, behind three touchdowns from the special teams and defense in the fourth quarter.
With the game knotted 17-17 heading into the fourth, Cowboy Dwayne Harris returned a punt 78 yards for a score, corner Brandon Carr brought back a pick 47 yards for touchdown, and Jason Hatcher recovered a fumble and returned it for zero yards and a score.
Quarterback Tony Romo went 19-for-26 for 209 yards and two touchdowns, and running back Felix Jones rushed for 71 yards on 16 carries, catching one of Romo’s scores.
It was the second straight game the Cowboys didn’t turn the ball over, but this time it resulted in a win over an NFC East rival.
Unlike Dallas, Cleveland is coming off a bye and has no shot at the playoffs.
The Browns folded 25-15 against the AFC North-leading Baltimore Ravens, scoring on five field goals, and quarterback Brandon Weeden threw two interceptions.
Both teams were able to rush, but only the Ravens reached pay dirt. Cleveland rookie Trent Richardson gained 105 yards on 25 carries.
Weeden may struggle just the same against Dallas, which has the eighth ranked secondary in the NFL. After six straight games of 200 or more passing yards, the rookie has failed to throw for a touchdown for two weeks.
The Cleveland defense, ranked No. 24 overall, has had a difficult time stopping the run. The Browns give up 132.2 rushing yards per game. Dallas could take advantage and improve on their 85.3 rushing yards per contest.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Dallas is favored by 8 points
Over/Under: 43.5 points
Prediction: Dallas should regain their ground game, and Romo will toss at least two touchdowns. If Weeden can avoid turnovers, Cleveland has an outside chance. Dallas should win by a touchdown.
Predicted Score: Dallas 30 , Cleveland 17
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best