Dallas Cowboys vs Cleveland Browns Preview: Where to Watch Online, Betting Odds
November 19, 2012 2:55 AM EST
At 4-5 the Dallas Cowboys have an outside chance at the playoffs and hope to keep their season alive Sunday as they host the Cleveland Browns at Cowboys Stadium.
Dallas salvaged their season with a 38-23 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles last week, behind three touchdowns from the special teams and defense in the fourth quarter.
With the game knotted 17-17 heading into the fourth, Cowboy Dwayne Harris returned a punt 78 yards for a score, corner Brandon Carr brought back a pick 47 yards for touchdown, and Jason Hatcher recovered a fumble and returned it for zero yards and a score.
Quarterback Tony Romo went 19-for-26 for 209 yards and two touchdowns, and running back Felix Jones rushed for 71 yards on 16 carries, catching one of Romo’s scores.
It was the second straight game the Cowboys didn’t turn the ball over, but this time it resulted in a win over an NFC East rival.
Unlike Dallas, Cleveland is coming off a bye and has no shot at the playoffs.
The Browns folded 25-15 against the AFC North-leading Baltimore Ravens, scoring on five field goals, and quarterback Brandon Weeden threw two interceptions.
Both teams were able to rush, but only the Ravens reached pay dirt. Cleveland rookie Trent Richardson gained 105 yards on 25 carries.
Weeden may struggle just the same against Dallas, which has the eighth ranked secondary in the NFL. After six straight games of 200 or more passing yards, the rookie has failed to throw for a touchdown for two weeks.
The Cleveland defense, ranked No. 24 overall, has had a difficult time stopping the run. The Browns give up 132.2 rushing yards per game. Dallas could take advantage and improve on their 85.3 rushing yards per contest.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Dallas is favored by 8 points
Over/Under: 43.5 points
Prediction: Dallas should regain their ground game, and Romo will toss at least two touchdowns. If Weeden can avoid turnovers, Cleveland has an outside chance. Dallas should win by a touchdown.
Predicted Score: Dallas 30 , Cleveland 17
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features