Dallas Cowboys vs Cleveland Browns Preview: Where to Watch Online, Betting Odds
November 19, 2012 2:55 AM EST
At 4-5 the Dallas Cowboys have an outside chance at the playoffs and hope to keep their season alive Sunday as they host the Cleveland Browns at Cowboys Stadium.
Dallas salvaged their season with a 38-23 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles last week, behind three touchdowns from the special teams and defense in the fourth quarter.
With the game knotted 17-17 heading into the fourth, Cowboy Dwayne Harris returned a punt 78 yards for a score, corner Brandon Carr brought back a pick 47 yards for touchdown, and Jason Hatcher recovered a fumble and returned it for zero yards and a score.
Quarterback Tony Romo went 19-for-26 for 209 yards and two touchdowns, and running back Felix Jones rushed for 71 yards on 16 carries, catching one of Romo’s scores.
It was the second straight game the Cowboys didn’t turn the ball over, but this time it resulted in a win over an NFC East rival.
Unlike Dallas, Cleveland is coming off a bye and has no shot at the playoffs.
The Browns folded 25-15 against the AFC North-leading Baltimore Ravens, scoring on five field goals, and quarterback Brandon Weeden threw two interceptions.
Both teams were able to rush, but only the Ravens reached pay dirt. Cleveland rookie Trent Richardson gained 105 yards on 25 carries.
Weeden may struggle just the same against Dallas, which has the eighth ranked secondary in the NFL. After six straight games of 200 or more passing yards, the rookie has failed to throw for a touchdown for two weeks.
The Cleveland defense, ranked No. 24 overall, has had a difficult time stopping the run. The Browns give up 132.2 rushing yards per game. Dallas could take advantage and improve on their 85.3 rushing yards per contest.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Dallas is favored by 8 points
Over/Under: 43.5 points
Prediction: Dallas should regain their ground game, and Romo will toss at least two touchdowns. If Weeden can avoid turnovers, Cleveland has an outside chance. Dallas should win by a touchdown.
Predicted Score: Dallas 30 , Cleveland 17
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes