New York Jets – St. Louis Rams Preview: Can Mark Sanchez Turn Things Around in Week 11?
November 19, 2012 1:25 AM EST
It’s no surprise that the St. Louis Rams are in last place. At 3-5-1, they’ve even surpassed the expectations of some.
The same can’t be said for their Week 11 opponents.
The New York Jets are alone in last place of the AFC East. They’re 3-6 record certainly isn’t what head coach Rex Ryan had in store at the start of the 2012 NFL season.
New York has fallen out of the playoff race a few days after cornerback Antonio Cromartie guaranteed that they would make the postseason.
The team’s struggles have some players starting to criticize each other in the media. A few anonymous Jets told the New York Daily News that Tim Tebow shouldn’t get any extending time on the field, calling him “terrible.”
There has been much discussion about whether or not quarterback Mark Sanchez should be benched for Tebow. Sanchez had another rough game against the Seahawks, going 9-of-22 for 124 yards and an interception.
The performance might not have even been the worst of the season for Sanchez. His 40.9 completion percentage and 40.7 quarterback rating were his second-lowest this year.
Sanchez and the rest of the Jets will try to turn things around on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET. The game is set to kick off in St. Louis on CBS. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
New York’s offense has been one of the worst in the league, but the Rams has been even worse. St. Louis is scoring just 17.9 points per contest. Before their 24 point performance last week against the San Francisco 49ers, they hadn’t scored more than 20 points since Week 2.
The Rams almost pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the year in their tie with the 49ers, but they were, once again, unable to get the win. After starting the year at 3-2, they haven’t won a game since Week 5 against the Arizona Cardinals.
Sam Bradford has actually played well during St. Louis’ winless streak. In his last four games, he’s completed at least 62 percent of his passes and finished with a quarterback rating of at least 82.4.
Most of the public seems to think the Jets will lose their fourth straight. The consensus betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has more than tripled over the course of the week. The current point spread has the Rams as 3.5-point favorites.
Prediction: With both teams’ inability to put the ball in the end zone, this should be a very low-scoring game. The Rams quarterback is currently playing better than the Jets signal caller, and they have the benefit of playing at home. They’re good showing against San Francisco could be proof that they’re turning a corner.
Predicted Score: St. Louis 20, New York 6
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]