New York Jets – St. Louis Rams Preview: Can Mark Sanchez Turn Things Around in Week 11?
November 19, 2012 1:25 AM EST
It’s no surprise that the St. Louis Rams are in last place. At 3-5-1, they’ve even surpassed the expectations of some.
The same can’t be said for their Week 11 opponents.
The New York Jets are alone in last place of the AFC East. They’re 3-6 record certainly isn’t what head coach Rex Ryan had in store at the start of the 2012 NFL season.
New York has fallen out of the playoff race a few days after cornerback Antonio Cromartie guaranteed that they would make the postseason.
The team’s struggles have some players starting to criticize each other in the media. A few anonymous Jets told the New York Daily News that Tim Tebow shouldn’t get any extending time on the field, calling him “terrible.”
There has been much discussion about whether or not quarterback Mark Sanchez should be benched for Tebow. Sanchez had another rough game against the Seahawks, going 9-of-22 for 124 yards and an interception.
The performance might not have even been the worst of the season for Sanchez. His 40.9 completion percentage and 40.7 quarterback rating were his second-lowest this year.
Sanchez and the rest of the Jets will try to turn things around on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET. The game is set to kick off in St. Louis on CBS. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
New York’s offense has been one of the worst in the league, but the Rams has been even worse. St. Louis is scoring just 17.9 points per contest. Before their 24 point performance last week against the San Francisco 49ers, they hadn’t scored more than 20 points since Week 2.
The Rams almost pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the year in their tie with the 49ers, but they were, once again, unable to get the win. After starting the year at 3-2, they haven’t won a game since Week 5 against the Arizona Cardinals.
Sam Bradford has actually played well during St. Louis’ winless streak. In his last four games, he’s completed at least 62 percent of his passes and finished with a quarterback rating of at least 82.4.
Most of the public seems to think the Jets will lose their fourth straight. The consensus betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has more than tripled over the course of the week. The current point spread has the Rams as 3.5-point favorites.
Prediction: With both teams’ inability to put the ball in the end zone, this should be a very low-scoring game. The Rams quarterback is currently playing better than the Jets signal caller, and they have the benefit of playing at home. They’re good showing against San Francisco could be proof that they’re turning a corner.
Predicted Score: St. Louis 20, New York 6
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date