Victoria’s Secret Angel Miranda Kerr Flaunts Leg in Sexy Gown for W Magazine Anniversary Party
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 18, 2012 12:18 AM EST
Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr looked particularly glamorous at W Magazine's 40th anniversary party at the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York. The 29-year-old, who is married to Hollywood star Orlando Bloom and has a son with the Pirates of the Caribbean actor, wore a classic grey-blue flowing gown, with a thigh-high slit. She paired the dress with blue Bvlgari earrings, black peep-toe shoes and a clutch.
The event was hosted by Stefano Tonchi, the editor of the magazine, and arranged in association with Tod's, and also celebrated the release of the book - W: The First 40 Years.
Kerr was obviously very excited about the event and tweeted this message, with a photograph of herself: "At W magazine's 40th anniv bash."
The Victoria's Secret Angel, who led a line-up of beautiful women at the annual Victoria's Secret Lingerie show in New York last week, has also been named the Sexiest Woman Alive by Esquire, and has admitted she loves flaunting her curves.
"I believe in celebrating the female figure and embracing what we've been given, not hiding that," she said, "I don't really think of rules, as long as it's classy and timeless and it's something I wouldn't be ashamed of."
Nevertheless, despite her ultra-feminine looks, Kerr revealed she was a tomboy growing up.
"I spent my childhood outdoors on my grandparents' farm. I learned to ride a motorbike when I was about six, a little PeeWee 50," she said, "I'd climb trees - there was a big weeping willow. We had a flying fox [a zip-line]. I was so fortunate to grow up like that.
"I really feel that my body craves to be in the mountains or by the ocean or in the countryside. I still like to climb the odd tree. Yeah, it's fun! I like to climb. I find it very rewarding. You feel like you're going somewhere. I don't like abseiling, though. I don't like going down. I like going up. It is though! I got stuck up a tree when I was about seven, and my dad had to come and get the ladder to get me down. I loved to climb all the way up to the top. I must have been a koala in my past life," she told the magazine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2