Kim Kardashian Receives Death Threats After Tweeting for Peace in Gaza
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 17, 2012 11:29 PM EST
American socialite and reality television star Kim Kardashian is a regular feature on Twitter and other social networking websites, providing updates on her fashion, relationships and now... her views on politics and international affairs. One of her more recent tweets (now deleted) was a message of support for people in Israel. That was swiftly followed by a message of support for Palestinians (and "across the world") as the 32-year-old received a stream of criticism for her comments on the ongoing Gaza conflict.
The first tweet: "Praying for everyone in Israel".
- "Kim I love you but please don't pray for Israel. They are murderers"
- "You are a disgrace to your people and your ancestors [referencing her Armenian heritage]"
- "People like you are the reason I want to die Palestine"
Others tweets ranged from "Kill yourself" and "Die in Hell" to "I will pray you will die kim".
Kardashian's second tweet, an attempt at diplomacy, fared no better: "And praying for everyone in Palestine and across the world!"
The reality television star subsequently deleted both tweets and released this statement:
"I want to own up to and explain that earlier today I sent out two tweets about saying prayers for the people in Palestine and Israel and after hearing from my followers, I decided to take down the tweets because I realized that some people were offended and hurt by what I said, and for that I apologize," she said, "I should have pointed out my intentions behind these tweets when I posted them. The fact is that regardless of religion and political beliefs, there are countless innocent people involved who didn't choose this, and I pray for all of them and also for a resolution. I also pray for all the other people around the world who are caught in similar crossfires."
Unfortunately for Kardashian, she found herself in a no-win situation and was criticised also for taking down the earlier tweets, with some followers commenting she should have stood her ground.
A post on Hollywood/2012/11/16/kardashian-israel-tweet-hate" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Breitbart.com read: "Kardashian learned an ugly truth this week about the Left's hatred of Israel."
And a second post, on AtlasShrugged2000.com, read: "Not surprising - her cowardice mimics the weakness and ignorance of much of her generation. She supported the civilized man, then caved to savages."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS