Chelsea Transfer News: South American Striker Flattered By Interest
By Vanessa Keller | November 17, 2012 11:13 PM EST
Colombian striker Jackson Martinez admits he's flattered by interest from Chelsea, with the star commanding the London side's attention after scoring 10 times in 13 appearances for Porto this season.
Martinez made the move to Porto from Mexican side Jaguares in the summer, and has since shown enough talent to spark interest from both the Blues and Barcelona.
Chelsea look to be in the market for a striker as Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge continue to misfire.
While the attacking midfielders for the Blues are currently starring, and have taken the side close to the top of the table, Torres has been inconsistent and is running out of excuses for his £50 million price tag.
Roberto Di Matteo admitted yesterday that he admired striker Radamel Falcao's skills, telling reporters: "If you ask any manager, he would have him in his team.
"He is one of the best strikers, probably, in European and world football. His ratio of goals per game is quite impressive, not just this season but over the last three seasons, at Porto and Atletico Madrid."
Martinez is also believed to be on Chelsea's wishlist for January, and the 26-year-old said he was flattered to be mentioned in the same breath as both Di Matteo's side, as well as Barcelona.
"Chelsea and Barcelona? Sincerely I have not spoken with anybody but this is a good signal about my performances in the Portuguese Liga." He told O Jogo.
"Now I am focused exclusively on my work for Porto. I prefer to ignore the rumours."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation