Chelsea Transfer News: South American Striker Flattered By Interest
By Vanessa Keller | November 17, 2012 11:13 PM EST
Colombian striker Jackson Martinez admits he's flattered by interest from Chelsea, with the star commanding the London side's attention after scoring 10 times in 13 appearances for Porto this season.
Martinez made the move to Porto from Mexican side Jaguares in the summer, and has since shown enough talent to spark interest from both the Blues and Barcelona.
Chelsea look to be in the market for a striker as Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge continue to misfire.
While the attacking midfielders for the Blues are currently starring, and have taken the side close to the top of the table, Torres has been inconsistent and is running out of excuses for his £50 million price tag.
Roberto Di Matteo admitted yesterday that he admired striker Radamel Falcao's skills, telling reporters: "If you ask any manager, he would have him in his team.
"He is one of the best strikers, probably, in European and world football. His ratio of goals per game is quite impressive, not just this season but over the last three seasons, at Porto and Atletico Madrid."
Martinez is also believed to be on Chelsea's wishlist for January, and the 26-year-old said he was flattered to be mentioned in the same breath as both Di Matteo's side, as well as Barcelona.
"Chelsea and Barcelona? Sincerely I have not spoken with anybody but this is a good signal about my performances in the Portuguese Liga." He told O Jogo.
"Now I am focused exclusively on my work for Porto. I prefer to ignore the rumours."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef