Former United Winger Says He Misses Ferguson
By Vanessa Keller | November 17, 2012 10:47 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he misses Sir Alex Ferguson, with the former Manchester United winger revealing that the Scot is as intimidating now as when he joined the club.
Ferguson has been in charge at Old Trafford for 26 years, and Ronaldo's is by far the highest transfer fee the legendary manager has ever received.
A steal at £12 million from Sporting CP in 2003, Ronaldo has gone on to become one of the greatest players in the world, and though he is committed to Real Madrid the 27-year-old has very fond memories of his time at United.
"He's a fantastic person," Ronaldo told CNN of Ferguson. "A human person. He taught me many things. Like I said before, he's like a father in football, because he taught me many things. I really miss him because I have a great relationship with him.
"[He's] very tough. I think sometimes he cannot be like that because, how old is he? 70? It's not good for his heart. He's still tough, strong, I remember him the first time I saw him he was with the same power."
Meanwhile, back in northern England, though United have survived without Ronaldo, there's no denying that he could walk into any team and improve it.
In 2011, Ferguson said of the superstar: "We've had some great players at this club in my 20 years, but Ronaldo is up with the best.
"Who is the strongest player I have coached? I cannot pick one in particular, but Cristiano Ronaldo, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes have been fantastic."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports