Former United Winger Says He Misses Ferguson
By Vanessa Keller | November 17, 2012 10:47 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he misses Sir Alex Ferguson, with the former Manchester United winger revealing that the Scot is as intimidating now as when he joined the club.
Ferguson has been in charge at Old Trafford for 26 years, and Ronaldo's is by far the highest transfer fee the legendary manager has ever received.
A steal at £12 million from Sporting CP in 2003, Ronaldo has gone on to become one of the greatest players in the world, and though he is committed to Real Madrid the 27-year-old has very fond memories of his time at United.
"He's a fantastic person," Ronaldo told CNN of Ferguson. "A human person. He taught me many things. Like I said before, he's like a father in football, because he taught me many things. I really miss him because I have a great relationship with him.
"[He's] very tough. I think sometimes he cannot be like that because, how old is he? 70? It's not good for his heart. He's still tough, strong, I remember him the first time I saw him he was with the same power."
Meanwhile, back in northern England, though United have survived without Ronaldo, there's no denying that he could walk into any team and improve it.
In 2011, Ferguson said of the superstar: "We've had some great players at this club in my 20 years, but Ronaldo is up with the best.
"Who is the strongest player I have coached? I cannot pick one in particular, but Cristiano Ronaldo, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes have been fantastic."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu