Former United Winger Says He Misses Ferguson
By Vanessa Keller | November 17, 2012 10:47 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he misses Sir Alex Ferguson, with the former Manchester United winger revealing that the Scot is as intimidating now as when he joined the club.
Ferguson has been in charge at Old Trafford for 26 years, and Ronaldo's is by far the highest transfer fee the legendary manager has ever received.
A steal at £12 million from Sporting CP in 2003, Ronaldo has gone on to become one of the greatest players in the world, and though he is committed to Real Madrid the 27-year-old has very fond memories of his time at United.
"He's a fantastic person," Ronaldo told CNN of Ferguson. "A human person. He taught me many things. Like I said before, he's like a father in football, because he taught me many things. I really miss him because I have a great relationship with him.
"[He's] very tough. I think sometimes he cannot be like that because, how old is he? 70? It's not good for his heart. He's still tough, strong, I remember him the first time I saw him he was with the same power."
Meanwhile, back in northern England, though United have survived without Ronaldo, there's no denying that he could walk into any team and improve it.
In 2011, Ferguson said of the superstar: "We've had some great players at this club in my 20 years, but Ronaldo is up with the best.
"Who is the strongest player I have coached? I cannot pick one in particular, but Cristiano Ronaldo, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes have been fantastic."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Rafael Nadal Will Miss 2014 US Open; Roger Federer Looking to Pounce on Rival
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members