Former United Winger Says He Misses Ferguson
By Vanessa Keller | November 17, 2012 10:47 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he misses Sir Alex Ferguson, with the former Manchester United winger revealing that the Scot is as intimidating now as when he joined the club.
Ferguson has been in charge at Old Trafford for 26 years, and Ronaldo's is by far the highest transfer fee the legendary manager has ever received.
A steal at £12 million from Sporting CP in 2003, Ronaldo has gone on to become one of the greatest players in the world, and though he is committed to Real Madrid the 27-year-old has very fond memories of his time at United.
"He's a fantastic person," Ronaldo told CNN of Ferguson. "A human person. He taught me many things. Like I said before, he's like a father in football, because he taught me many things. I really miss him because I have a great relationship with him.
"[He's] very tough. I think sometimes he cannot be like that because, how old is he? 70? It's not good for his heart. He's still tough, strong, I remember him the first time I saw him he was with the same power."
Meanwhile, back in northern England, though United have survived without Ronaldo, there's no denying that he could walk into any team and improve it.
In 2011, Ferguson said of the superstar: "We've had some great players at this club in my 20 years, but Ronaldo is up with the best.
"Who is the strongest player I have coached? I cannot pick one in particular, but Cristiano Ronaldo, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes have been fantastic."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report