Samsung Introduces Advanced Memory Storage for Slim Smartphones, Tablets
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 17, 2012 9:35 PM EST
Samsung Electronics Company has rolled out the next generation 64 GB (64GB eMMC) memory storage dubbed as eMMC Pro Class 2000 for slim tablets and smartphones.
The 64 GB embedded multimedia card has been built using the 10nanometer class process technology and according to the company, it is ten times faster than the Class 10 rated memory cards.
"The new high-speed, small form factor eMMC reinforces Samsung's technology leadership in storage memory solutions. We look forward to expanding our line-up of embedded memory solutions in conjunction with the new chip's design, in pursuing a system-level adoption of application processors and other key components that form the foundation for the most advanced mobile platforms," said Myungho Kim, vice president of Memory marketing, Device Solutions, Samsung Electronics as quoted by the Tech2.
The company also claimed that the 64GB eMMC reads data at a faster rate and writes up to 50 megabytes per second. The company's latest roll out was followed by the introduction of eMMC4.5 interface which would feature in the phones from next year and the company stated that the production of the new memory storage started last month.
According to the reports, the company will submit the new memory storage to the Joint Electronic Engineering Council for adoption as an industry-standard (JEDEC) next year. The new chip from the company is in tone with the current market trend. It was learnt that the current market is heading more towards the slimmer designs of the phones and tablets, whilst using the multi-core processors for the high performance.
"This will allow us to better attend to time-to-market demands enabling the design of more convenient features for next-generation mobile applications," added Kim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy