West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea: Where to Watch, Preview and Teams
By Vishnuprasad S | November 17, 2012 9:29 PM EST
Chelsea visit the Hawthorns to face West Bromwich Albion in what promises to be an exciting Premier League fixture. Blues' legends Roberto Di Matteo and Steve Clarke are set to face off against each other for the first time, as both managers look to maintain their clubs' top spots in the league table.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 3pm GMT. Chelsea TV will have a build-up to the match from 2pm. Watch highlights of the game on Match of the Day on BBC One and BBC One HD at 10.30pm GMT.
Chelsea had a fantastic start to their season but their form dipped heavily after the October international break. Di Matteo's side have won just twice in their past six games in all competitions and have also failed to win their last three league matches, dropping from top spot into third place. The Blues have 24 points from 11 matches, three behind leaders Manchester United and one behind holders Manchester City.
West Brom, on the other hand, have enjoyed one of the best starts to their league in their history and are level on points (20) with fourth-placed Everton, with just United, City and Chelsea above them. Clarke's men have dropped just three points at home so far - a 2-1 defeat to City - and have posted impressive victories in the other five fixtures, which include a 3-0 win over Liverpool and a 2-0 triumph against Everton.
Meanwhile, this fixture offers a meeting with their former employers for both managers. Clarke, who made over 400 appearances for Chelsea during his playing days and was also assistant to Jose Mourinho and Avram Grant when they managed the Blues, takes on Di Matteo, who was in charge of West Brom between 2009 and 2011, helping them earn promotion to the Premier League in 2010.
History favours the Blues in this fixture as they have won 18 and lost just one of their last 21 games against the Baggies. However, that only loss came when the last time these two sides met - at the Hawthorns in March - a result that eventually led to the sacking of former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas.
West Bromwich Albion
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W L L W
- Last Match: Wigan Athletic 1 - 2 West Bromwich Albion
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W D W L
- Last Match: Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool
West Bromwich Albion: Boaz Myhill will once again feature in goal as Ben Foster continues his recovery after groin surgery. Clarke is sweating over the fitness of Gareth McAuley, who suffered a hamstring injury while on duty with Northern Ireland in midweek, while his fellow defender Craig Dawson has been suffering from blurred vision since last week after a training ground incident and remains unavailable.
Wing-back Steven Reid has recovered from a hamstring injury and played around an hour for the reserves last week but is unlikely to be involved. Midfielders James Morrison and Youssouf Mulumbu withdrew from the Scotland and Congo squads in midweek citing injuries but both are likely to be fit for this tie. Belgian forward Romelu Lukaku is ineligible as the west London outfit is his parent club.
Probable Line-Up (4-2-3-1): Myhill; Jones, McAuley, J Olsson, Ridgewell; Mulumbu, Yacob; Odemwingie, Morrison, Brunt; Long
Chelsea: Captain John Terry, who picked up a knee injury against Liverpool last week, will be out for around three weeks. David Luiz is back from illness, while Ashley Cole, who missed the Blues' last two games with a hamstring strain, has a good chance of being fit for this trip. However, the game has come too soon for Frank Lampard, who has only just recovered from a calf problem.
Probable Line-Up (4-2-3-1): Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole; Ramires, Mikel; Mata, Oscar, Hazard; Torres
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans