Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date Rumors: 4.99-Inch AMOLED Display Rumored For CES 2013; Will Device Debut In Q2?
By Kukil Bora | November 17, 2012 7:41 PM EST
On the heels of the unveiling of HTC’s new Droid DNA, a 5-inch smartphone with a full HD 1080p display, the tech world is buzzed with rumors indicating that Samsung is also rolling up its sleeves to enter the 5-inch screen bandwagon.
The rumor has it that the South Korean tech giant is preparing a 4.99-inch Full HD Super AMOLED screen to be showcased at the annual Consumer Electronics Convention (CES) in January 2013, a display that is likely to be featured in the company’s upcoming flagship smartphone iteration, presumably called the Samsung Galaxy S4.
SamMobile reported Friday, citing Korean website Asiae, that “engineers over at Samsung display have outdone themselves this time” and have “managed to make a 4.99″ Full HD display with a stunning PPI of 441.”
The company would introduce their new AMOLED displays at CES 2013, scheduled to kickstart in Las Vegas in January and will start mass production in some point of the first quarter of next year, according to the report.
The display in the question is expected to outclass that of Apple iPhone.
“It has more than 100 pixels per inch more than the Apple iPhone’s 326 ppi, stretched beyond the limits of the human eye level,” an official from Samsung Display told SamMobile.
According to another report by GottaBeMobile, the massive 4.99-inch AMOLED display could be Samsung’s big unveiling at CES 2013, since it has just released the Galaxy Note 2 and there has not been much talk about the company announcing the Galaxy S4 until Mobile World Congress in February.
If earlier releases are considered, both Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3 were revealed in March and April respectively. That said, customers might get a glimpse of the new display in January, with a final device launch later in the second quarter of 2013.
Take a look at the rumored specs and features of the Samsung Galaxy S4:
· Curved screen using flexible screen technology
· 4.99-inch AMOLED display
· 1920 x 1080p HD resolution with 441 ppi
· “A slimmer and more unique design, so as to avoid further patent lawsuits from Apple.”
Specs & Features:
· A 2GHz quad-core Exynos processor
· 2GB of RAM
· Android Jelly Bean 4.2 operating system or higher
· A 12 mega-pixel camera or higher
· A 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera with built-in Skype
· 4G LTE data speed
· A 3200 mAh battery
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones