Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date Rumors: 4.99-Inch AMOLED Display Rumored For CES 2013; Will Device Debut In Q2?
By Kukil Bora | November 17, 2012 7:41 PM EST
On the heels of the unveiling of HTC’s new Droid DNA, a 5-inch smartphone with a full HD 1080p display, the tech world is buzzed with rumors indicating that Samsung is also rolling up its sleeves to enter the 5-inch screen bandwagon.
The rumor has it that the South Korean tech giant is preparing a 4.99-inch Full HD Super AMOLED screen to be showcased at the annual Consumer Electronics Convention (CES) in January 2013, a display that is likely to be featured in the company’s upcoming flagship smartphone iteration, presumably called the Samsung Galaxy S4.
SamMobile reported Friday, citing Korean website Asiae, that “engineers over at Samsung display have outdone themselves this time” and have “managed to make a 4.99″ Full HD display with a stunning PPI of 441.”
The company would introduce their new AMOLED displays at CES 2013, scheduled to kickstart in Las Vegas in January and will start mass production in some point of the first quarter of next year, according to the report.
The display in the question is expected to outclass that of Apple iPhone.
“It has more than 100 pixels per inch more than the Apple iPhone’s 326 ppi, stretched beyond the limits of the human eye level,” an official from Samsung Display told SamMobile.
According to another report by GottaBeMobile, the massive 4.99-inch AMOLED display could be Samsung’s big unveiling at CES 2013, since it has just released the Galaxy Note 2 and there has not been much talk about the company announcing the Galaxy S4 until Mobile World Congress in February.
If earlier releases are considered, both Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3 were revealed in March and April respectively. That said, customers might get a glimpse of the new display in January, with a final device launch later in the second quarter of 2013.
Take a look at the rumored specs and features of the Samsung Galaxy S4:
· Curved screen using flexible screen technology
· 4.99-inch AMOLED display
· 1920 x 1080p HD resolution with 441 ppi
· “A slimmer and more unique design, so as to avoid further patent lawsuits from Apple.”
Specs & Features:
· A 2GHz quad-core Exynos processor
· 2GB of RAM
· Android Jelly Bean 4.2 operating system or higher
· A 12 mega-pixel camera or higher
· A 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera with built-in Skype
· 4G LTE data speed
· A 3200 mAh battery
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools