Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date Rumors: 4.99-Inch AMOLED Display Rumored For CES 2013; Will Device Debut In Q2?
By Kukil Bora | November 17, 2012 7:41 PM EST
On the heels of the unveiling of HTC’s new Droid DNA, a 5-inch smartphone with a full HD 1080p display, the tech world is buzzed with rumors indicating that Samsung is also rolling up its sleeves to enter the 5-inch screen bandwagon.
The rumor has it that the South Korean tech giant is preparing a 4.99-inch Full HD Super AMOLED screen to be showcased at the annual Consumer Electronics Convention (CES) in January 2013, a display that is likely to be featured in the company’s upcoming flagship smartphone iteration, presumably called the Samsung Galaxy S4.
SamMobile reported Friday, citing Korean website Asiae, that “engineers over at Samsung display have outdone themselves this time” and have “managed to make a 4.99″ Full HD display with a stunning PPI of 441.”
The company would introduce their new AMOLED displays at CES 2013, scheduled to kickstart in Las Vegas in January and will start mass production in some point of the first quarter of next year, according to the report.
The display in the question is expected to outclass that of Apple iPhone.
“It has more than 100 pixels per inch more than the Apple iPhone’s 326 ppi, stretched beyond the limits of the human eye level,” an official from Samsung Display told SamMobile.
According to another report by GottaBeMobile, the massive 4.99-inch AMOLED display could be Samsung’s big unveiling at CES 2013, since it has just released the Galaxy Note 2 and there has not been much talk about the company announcing the Galaxy S4 until Mobile World Congress in February.
If earlier releases are considered, both Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3 were revealed in March and April respectively. That said, customers might get a glimpse of the new display in January, with a final device launch later in the second quarter of 2013.
Take a look at the rumored specs and features of the Samsung Galaxy S4:
· Curved screen using flexible screen technology
· 4.99-inch AMOLED display
· 1920 x 1080p HD resolution with 441 ppi
· “A slimmer and more unique design, so as to avoid further patent lawsuits from Apple.”
Specs & Features:
· A 2GHz quad-core Exynos processor
· 2GB of RAM
· Android Jelly Bean 4.2 operating system or higher
· A 12 mega-pixel camera or higher
· A 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera with built-in Skype
· 4G LTE data speed
· A 3200 mAh battery
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet