Android 4.1.2 BAKED Black Bean ROM for Galaxy Nexus I9250 [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | November 17, 2012 7:11 PM EST
A spate of recent custom ROM Jelly Bean firmware updates has crowded the Android smartphone world, giving users the chance to choose their favourite custom UI (user interface), ranging from Vanilla to BAKED Black Bean Jelly Bean ROMs. Catering to the diverse needs of the user, custom ROM Android developers have delivered some BAKED goodies for those who like the darker side of life, blended with features cherry-picked from an assortment of great custom ROMs.
The stylish BAKED Black Bean ROM brings AOKP's toggles, CyanogenMod's Power widgets, lockscreen shortcuts, lockscreen weather and lockscreen calendar among a host of other exciting features. The ROM also ports a few notable BAKED goodies including a fully customised MMS app, a whole range of system apps and Google apps inverted with the black theme.
Key Points to Note
- The BAKED Black Bean ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable only to the international variant Galaxy Nexus I9250 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your phone's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it
- Download Black Bean V6 ROM from here (Alternate Link)
- Download BAKED Google Apps from here (Alternate Link)
- Ensure that the phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the BAKED Black Bean ROM on your Galaxy Nexus I9250
- Users are advised to back up their important data and settings to avoid risk of data loss while installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on their Galaxy Nexus phone
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purposes only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.1.2 firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 BAKED Black Bean ROM for Galaxy Nexus I9250
- Copy the Blackbean ROM and BAKED Google Apps files to your phone's internal SD card.
- Power off your Galaxy Nexus device and boot into CWM Recovery.
- To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together until the screen powers on.
- Take a NANDroid Backup. To do so, choose Backup and Restore and click Backup.
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on next screen.
- Click Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and double-tap on the Black Bean ROM (which you copied to your phone in step 1) to begin installation.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to install BAKED Google Apps.
- Hit Go Back and click Reboot System Now.
Your Galaxy Nexus I9250 is now successfully BAKED with the Android 4.1.2 Black Bean ROM. Go to Settings > About Phone to confirm the firmware version installed.
[Source: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates