Bal Thackeray's Health Update: Improving but Still Critical
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 17, 2012 6:34 PM EST
Shiv Sena party chief Bal Thackeray's health is still in critical stage though he is stable and responding to treatment, said Shiv Sena mouthpiece 'Saamna'.
The 86-year-old Shiv Sena supremo was taken critically ill on Wednesday evening, forcing doctors to put him on life support and sending panic waves among his party members and fans.
'Saamna' updated on the health of the Shiv Sena chief on Saturday by carrying an article on his condition.
"Our warrior is fighting. With good wishes and prayers of Shiv Sainiks across Maharashtra, Thackeray is recovering," it said. "Doctors treating Thackeray have also assured that the chief is recovering. His pulse rate, heart beat and blood pressure is normal. He has 98 per cent oxygen in his blood."
Indicating that the Shiv Sena chief's health is stable, the party spokeperson Sanjay Raut told reporters that one could make out the improved health condition of Bal Thackeray from their faces.
Meanwhile, the Shiv Sena bigwigs will meet on Saturday in Mumbai to discuss the crisis in the party following the ill health of the party chief. Uddhav Thackeray, son of Bal Thackeray, is expected to chair the meeting.
Mumbai city has returned to normalcy with crowds stationed outside Thackeray's residence 'Matoshree' beginning to dwindle after the party members assured them that the Shiv Sena chief was stable. However, security personnel are still in place.
Heavy security has been deployed at Matoshree since Wednesday to avoid any untoward incidents from fans and well-wishers who have gathered around following the news of his illness. The Maharashtra government had assigned about 48,000 policemen in Mumbai city and the Centre Government too assured all help to prevent any violent incidents should the Shiv Sena chief's health deteriorate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon