Bal Thackeray's Health Update: Improving but Still Critical
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 17, 2012 6:34 PM EST
Shiv Sena party chief Bal Thackeray's health is still in critical stage though he is stable and responding to treatment, said Shiv Sena mouthpiece 'Saamna'.
The 86-year-old Shiv Sena supremo was taken critically ill on Wednesday evening, forcing doctors to put him on life support and sending panic waves among his party members and fans.
'Saamna' updated on the health of the Shiv Sena chief on Saturday by carrying an article on his condition.
"Our warrior is fighting. With good wishes and prayers of Shiv Sainiks across Maharashtra, Thackeray is recovering," it said. "Doctors treating Thackeray have also assured that the chief is recovering. His pulse rate, heart beat and blood pressure is normal. He has 98 per cent oxygen in his blood."
Indicating that the Shiv Sena chief's health is stable, the party spokeperson Sanjay Raut told reporters that one could make out the improved health condition of Bal Thackeray from their faces.
Meanwhile, the Shiv Sena bigwigs will meet on Saturday in Mumbai to discuss the crisis in the party following the ill health of the party chief. Uddhav Thackeray, son of Bal Thackeray, is expected to chair the meeting.
Mumbai city has returned to normalcy with crowds stationed outside Thackeray's residence 'Matoshree' beginning to dwindle after the party members assured them that the Shiv Sena chief was stable. However, security personnel are still in place.
Heavy security has been deployed at Matoshree since Wednesday to avoid any untoward incidents from fans and well-wishers who have gathered around following the news of his illness. The Maharashtra government had assigned about 48,000 policemen in Mumbai city and the Centre Government too assured all help to prevent any violent incidents should the Shiv Sena chief's health deteriorate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones