Chris Christie Refuses To Talk About Twinkies At A Press Conference
By Eric Brown | November 17, 2012 11:44 AM EST
It’s easy to imagine that nondiminutive New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is a big fan of junk food, but it appears he doesn't want to talk much about Twinkies in public.
Christie was at a news conference on Friday when a reporter may have attempted to trick him into discussing Twinkies by posing a question about the shutdown of Hostess Brands Inc.
“No, seriously, you’re not asking me about Hostess Twinkies, are ya?” Christie asked the reporter. “Come on, what’s the next question?”
It seems Christie was afraid the reporter was trying to trap him into making a ridiculous statement, possibly to mock him on the Internet later.
“Look, I’m on ‘Saturday Night Live’ enough," Christie said. "You can’t get me to talk about that.”
Christie added: “This is a setup, man. You people are the worst. I’m not answering questions about Twinkies. It’s bad enough that I even said the word ‘Twinkie’ from behind this microphone.”
Hostess announced its plans to shut down on Friday because of a strike by members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union. The company will reportedly be selling off its assets and the rights to its most popular brand names, such as Twinkies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon