Chris Christie Refuses To Talk About Twinkies At A Press Conference
By Eric Brown | November 17, 2012 11:44 AM EST
It’s easy to imagine that nondiminutive New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is a big fan of junk food, but it appears he doesn't want to talk much about Twinkies in public.
Christie was at a news conference on Friday when a reporter may have attempted to trick him into discussing Twinkies by posing a question about the shutdown of Hostess Brands Inc.
“No, seriously, you’re not asking me about Hostess Twinkies, are ya?” Christie asked the reporter. “Come on, what’s the next question?”
It seems Christie was afraid the reporter was trying to trap him into making a ridiculous statement, possibly to mock him on the Internet later.
“Look, I’m on ‘Saturday Night Live’ enough," Christie said. "You can’t get me to talk about that.”
Christie added: “This is a setup, man. You people are the worst. I’m not answering questions about Twinkies. It’s bad enough that I even said the word ‘Twinkie’ from behind this microphone.”
Hostess announced its plans to shut down on Friday because of a strike by members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union. The company will reportedly be selling off its assets and the rights to its most popular brand names, such as Twinkies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015