Chris Christie Refuses To Talk About Twinkies At A Press Conference
By Eric Brown | November 17, 2012 11:44 AM EST
It’s easy to imagine that nondiminutive New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is a big fan of junk food, but it appears he doesn't want to talk much about Twinkies in public.
Christie was at a news conference on Friday when a reporter may have attempted to trick him into discussing Twinkies by posing a question about the shutdown of Hostess Brands Inc.
“No, seriously, you’re not asking me about Hostess Twinkies, are ya?” Christie asked the reporter. “Come on, what’s the next question?”
It seems Christie was afraid the reporter was trying to trap him into making a ridiculous statement, possibly to mock him on the Internet later.
“Look, I’m on ‘Saturday Night Live’ enough," Christie said. "You can’t get me to talk about that.”
Christie added: “This is a setup, man. You people are the worst. I’m not answering questions about Twinkies. It’s bad enough that I even said the word ‘Twinkie’ from behind this microphone.”
Hostess announced its plans to shut down on Friday because of a strike by members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union. The company will reportedly be selling off its assets and the rights to its most popular brand names, such as Twinkies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6