Chris Christie Refuses To Talk About Twinkies At A Press Conference
By Eric Brown | November 17, 2012 11:44 AM EST
It’s easy to imagine that nondiminutive New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is a big fan of junk food, but it appears he doesn't want to talk much about Twinkies in public.
Christie was at a news conference on Friday when a reporter may have attempted to trick him into discussing Twinkies by posing a question about the shutdown of Hostess Brands Inc.
“No, seriously, you’re not asking me about Hostess Twinkies, are ya?” Christie asked the reporter. “Come on, what’s the next question?”
It seems Christie was afraid the reporter was trying to trap him into making a ridiculous statement, possibly to mock him on the Internet later.
“Look, I’m on ‘Saturday Night Live’ enough," Christie said. "You can’t get me to talk about that.”
Christie added: “This is a setup, man. You people are the worst. I’m not answering questions about Twinkies. It’s bad enough that I even said the word ‘Twinkie’ from behind this microphone.”
Hostess announced its plans to shut down on Friday because of a strike by members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union. The company will reportedly be selling off its assets and the rights to its most popular brand names, such as Twinkies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop