Jeremy Lin Watch: Where to Watch Rockets vs Trail Blazers Online, Prediction, and Preview
November 17, 2012 10:49 AM EST
After two good games to start the 2012-2013 NBA season, the Jeremy Lin Era in Houston hasn’t gotten off to the best start.
The Rockets are 4-4 to begin the year, but Lin has struggled to establish himself as a top flight point guard in the Western Conference. His 10.9 points and 6.1 assists per game are less than what he was registering for the New York Knicks last year, and his 35.3 field goal percentage is 31st among point guards.
The third-year player still has time to adjust and gel with his new teammates. Houston’s roster looks much different than it did a year ago. Chandler Parsons is the only Rockets player that started more than one game for the team last year.
The acquisition of James Harden has certainly taken pressure off Lin. Traded just days before Houston’s opener, Harden is tied with Kobe Bryant for the league-lead in scoring.
On Friday night, the Rockets will face another team that is looking to make up for a poor showing in the lockout-shortened season. They’ll visit the Portland Trail Blazers at 10 p.m. ET. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
The Blazers point guard isn’t as well known as Lin, but might already be a better player. Damian Lillard hasn’t played like a rookie in his first eight games as a pro, putting up 18.4 points, 6.6 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game.
The two have already faced off once this season. Lillard and the Blazers bested Lin and the Rockets 95-85 in overtime. Lillard finished the game just one assist shy of a double-double. LaMarcus Aldridge led the way with 29 points.
It’s expected to be another close contest, but Portland is expected to win again with the game at home. The consensus betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has the Blazers as two-point favorites.
Prediction: Houston took Portland to overtime, despite shooting just 35.4 percent from the field. Lillard should find success against Lin again, but Harden should perform better than 8-of-24 from the field. The Rockets should take home another close one.
Predicted Score: Houston 94, Portland 92
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans