Jeremy Lin Watch: Where to Watch Rockets vs Trail Blazers Online, Prediction, and Preview
November 17, 2012 10:49 AM EST
After two good games to start the 2012-2013 NBA season, the Jeremy Lin Era in Houston hasn’t gotten off to the best start.
The Rockets are 4-4 to begin the year, but Lin has struggled to establish himself as a top flight point guard in the Western Conference. His 10.9 points and 6.1 assists per game are less than what he was registering for the New York Knicks last year, and his 35.3 field goal percentage is 31st among point guards.
The third-year player still has time to adjust and gel with his new teammates. Houston’s roster looks much different than it did a year ago. Chandler Parsons is the only Rockets player that started more than one game for the team last year.
The acquisition of James Harden has certainly taken pressure off Lin. Traded just days before Houston’s opener, Harden is tied with Kobe Bryant for the league-lead in scoring.
On Friday night, the Rockets will face another team that is looking to make up for a poor showing in the lockout-shortened season. They’ll visit the Portland Trail Blazers at 10 p.m. ET. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
The Blazers point guard isn’t as well known as Lin, but might already be a better player. Damian Lillard hasn’t played like a rookie in his first eight games as a pro, putting up 18.4 points, 6.6 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game.
The two have already faced off once this season. Lillard and the Blazers bested Lin and the Rockets 95-85 in overtime. Lillard finished the game just one assist shy of a double-double. LaMarcus Aldridge led the way with 29 points.
It’s expected to be another close contest, but Portland is expected to win again with the game at home. The consensus betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has the Blazers as two-point favorites.
Prediction: Houston took Portland to overtime, despite shooting just 35.4 percent from the field. Lillard should find success against Lin again, but Harden should perform better than 8-of-24 from the field. The Rockets should take home another close one.
Predicted Score: Houston 94, Portland 92
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015