Jeremy Lin Watch: Where to Watch Rockets vs Trail Blazers Online, Prediction, and Preview
November 17, 2012 10:49 AM EST
After two good games to start the 2012-2013 NBA season, the Jeremy Lin Era in Houston hasn’t gotten off to the best start.
The Rockets are 4-4 to begin the year, but Lin has struggled to establish himself as a top flight point guard in the Western Conference. His 10.9 points and 6.1 assists per game are less than what he was registering for the New York Knicks last year, and his 35.3 field goal percentage is 31st among point guards.
The third-year player still has time to adjust and gel with his new teammates. Houston’s roster looks much different than it did a year ago. Chandler Parsons is the only Rockets player that started more than one game for the team last year.
The acquisition of James Harden has certainly taken pressure off Lin. Traded just days before Houston’s opener, Harden is tied with Kobe Bryant for the league-lead in scoring.
On Friday night, the Rockets will face another team that is looking to make up for a poor showing in the lockout-shortened season. They’ll visit the Portland Trail Blazers at 10 p.m. ET. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
The Blazers point guard isn’t as well known as Lin, but might already be a better player. Damian Lillard hasn’t played like a rookie in his first eight games as a pro, putting up 18.4 points, 6.6 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game.
The two have already faced off once this season. Lillard and the Blazers bested Lin and the Rockets 95-85 in overtime. Lillard finished the game just one assist shy of a double-double. LaMarcus Aldridge led the way with 29 points.
It’s expected to be another close contest, but Portland is expected to win again with the game at home. The consensus betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has the Blazers as two-point favorites.
Prediction: Houston took Portland to overtime, despite shooting just 35.4 percent from the field. Lillard should find success against Lin again, but Harden should perform better than 8-of-24 from the field. The Rockets should take home another close one.
Predicted Score: Houston 94, Portland 92
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone