Blaec Lammers Would Have Attempted 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2’ Shooting Massacre, Police Say
By Maria Vultaggio | November 17, 2012 10:36 AM EST
Blaec Lammers has been accused of attempting to go on a mass-murder spree at a film theater showing the latest “Twilight” movie, “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2,” according to police in Bolivar, Mo., on Friday.
Lammers' first plan was to shoot up a theater, but he later decided to target a Wal-Mart store because he would be able to get more ammunition that way, according to court documents obtained by KCTV5 in Kansas City, Mo.
Lammers was charged Friday with first-degree assault, making a terroristic threat, and armed criminal action, KCTV5 reported.
Lammers' plan was exposed by his mother when she called the cops to tell them she thought her son was going to commit a crime similar to the mass shootings in Aurora, Colo., in July, according to KY3 in Springfield, Mo.
After his mother talked to the police, Lammers allegedly admitted his intentions to authorities. "[S]o he decided that he would go and shoot people at Wal-Mart in Bolivar," a police detective wrote in a court document.
The detective added that Lammers said "he would walk into the store and just start shooting people at random and if he ran out of ammunition (he said he purchased 400 rounds) he would just break the glass where the ammunition is being stored and get some more and keep on shooting until the police arrived. [Lammers] then stated that he would then turn himself into police when they arrived."
Lammers also allegedly told police "he had a lot in common" with people who had recently committed mass murders, according to a probable-cause statement obtained by KY3.
"He stated that he was quiet, kind of a loner, had recently purchased firearms and didn't tell anybody about it, and had homicidal thoughts," the statement said.
Lammers reportedly explained to police that he practiced shooting on Tuesday. He also reportedly told them "he had never shot a gun before and wanted to make sure he knew how they shot and how they functioned."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1