Lakers-Suns: Where to Watch Online Stream, Prediction, Preview of First Game since Mike D’Antoni Joined L.A.
November 17, 2012 9:39 AM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers are set to host the Phoenix Suns on Friday night, but it doesn’t look like Mike D’Antoni will make his L.A. coaching debut against his former team.
The new Lakers coach has joined the team, leading his first practice on Thursday. However, he probably won’t be on the sidelines for the divisional contest. D’Antoni is still on crutches after knee surgery.
It may be Bernie Bickerstaff’s final game as the Lakers head coach. Los Angeles has played better under him than they did under Mike Brown. L.A. is 2-1 under their interim coach.
The game is set to get underway at 10:30 p.m. ET at Staple Center. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
Phoenix has actually outplayed Los Angeles this year, despite low expectations entering the 2012-2013 season. They’re a half game ahead of the Lakers in the Pacific Division at 4-5.
L.A. is coming off its first loss since Brown was fired. The lost to the Spurs 84-82, but had maybe their best defensive performance of the year.
Throughout this short, but tumultuous Lakers season, Kobe Bryant hasn’t seemed to have been affected. He’s continually told the media that he isn’t concerned about his team, and his numbers are as good as they’ve been in recent years. His 26.4 points per game lead the league in scoring, and he’s been extremely efficient in doing so. Bryant is shooting a career-high 55.1 percent from the field.
The Suns don’t have anyone as good as Bryant, but they’ve won a few games with a balanced scoring attack. They have five players averaging at least 12 points per contest.
The Lakers might have trouble with the Suns point guard. Steve Blake has struggled in place of the injured Steve Nash. Goran Dragic leads Phoenix with 16.1 points and 7.2 assists per game.
Betting Line: Los Angeles-9, 201
Prediction: L.A. has played well under Bickerstaff, only losing to the Spurs. Dwight Howard still isn’t the same player on defense, but he’s played well on the offensive end. Look for the Lakers to win comfortably.
Predicted Score: Los Angeles 107, Phoenix 97
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display