Lakers-Suns: Where to Watch Online Stream, Prediction, Preview of First Game since Mike D’Antoni Joined L.A.
November 17, 2012 9:39 AM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers are set to host the Phoenix Suns on Friday night, but it doesn’t look like Mike D’Antoni will make his L.A. coaching debut against his former team.
The new Lakers coach has joined the team, leading his first practice on Thursday. However, he probably won’t be on the sidelines for the divisional contest. D’Antoni is still on crutches after knee surgery.
It may be Bernie Bickerstaff’s final game as the Lakers head coach. Los Angeles has played better under him than they did under Mike Brown. L.A. is 2-1 under their interim coach.
The game is set to get underway at 10:30 p.m. ET at Staple Center. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
Phoenix has actually outplayed Los Angeles this year, despite low expectations entering the 2012-2013 season. They’re a half game ahead of the Lakers in the Pacific Division at 4-5.
L.A. is coming off its first loss since Brown was fired. The lost to the Spurs 84-82, but had maybe their best defensive performance of the year.
Throughout this short, but tumultuous Lakers season, Kobe Bryant hasn’t seemed to have been affected. He’s continually told the media that he isn’t concerned about his team, and his numbers are as good as they’ve been in recent years. His 26.4 points per game lead the league in scoring, and he’s been extremely efficient in doing so. Bryant is shooting a career-high 55.1 percent from the field.
The Suns don’t have anyone as good as Bryant, but they’ve won a few games with a balanced scoring attack. They have five players averaging at least 12 points per contest.
The Lakers might have trouble with the Suns point guard. Steve Blake has struggled in place of the injured Steve Nash. Goran Dragic leads Phoenix with 16.1 points and 7.2 assists per game.
Betting Line: Los Angeles-9, 201
Prediction: L.A. has played well under Bickerstaff, only losing to the Spurs. Dwight Howard still isn’t the same player on defense, but he’s played well on the offensive end. Look for the Lakers to win comfortably.
Predicted Score: Los Angeles 107, Phoenix 97
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best