U.S. sues eBay, citing will-not-recruit agreement with Intuit
November 17, 2012 8:56 AM EST
The Justice Department on Friday sued online retailer eBay Inc over what it called an illegal agreement with Intuit Inc not to recruit Intuit's employees, according to a department news release.
The agreement eliminated competition for workers, depriving them of access to better job opportunities, the department said.
Meg Whitman, then eBay's CEO, and Scott Cook, Intuit's founder, were intimately involved in forming and enforcing the agreement, the department said.
(Reporting by David Ingram; Editing by Bernard Orr)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid