Wall Street ends up on "fiscal cliff" hopes
November 17, 2012 8:28 AM EST
Hope that politicians would find common ground to steer clear of the "fiscal cliff" boosted stocks on Friday, though the gains were not enough to offset the week's losses.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> gained 45.85 points, or 0.37 percent, to 12,588.23. The S&P 500 <.SPX> rose 6.53 points, or 0.48 percent, to 1,359.86. The Nasdaq Composite <.IXIC> added 16.19 points, or 0.57 percent, to 2,853.13.
For the week, the Dow fell 1.8 percent, the S&P dropped 1.5 percent and the Nasdaq lost 1.8 percent.
(Reporting by Rodrigo Campos; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics