Norwich City v Manchester United: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 17, 2012 5:22 AM EST
Norwich City welcome league leaders Manchester United to Carrow Road for Saturday's Premier League fixture.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 5.30 pm GMT. Live coverage will be available on ESPN UK HD. Watch highlights of the game on Match of the Day on BBC One at 10.30 pm GMT.
Since their 3-2 defeat at home to Tottenham in September, United have won five consecutive league games and are currently on top of the Premier League table with 27 points from 11 games. With local rivals Manchester City just two points behind, Sir Alex Ferugson will be desperate for a win at Carrow Road to maintain United's place at the top of the table.
Norwich, on the other hand, have won three out of their last four league games, managing to keep three clean sheets. In those four victories, The Canaries have taken three points off Arsenal and Spurs, and are hoping to add United to their list of scalps.
Chris Hughton's side are currently 15th on the league table with 11 points from 11 games. The Canaries managed to get a point in their last game when they travelled to face Reading at the Madejski Stadium, but Hughton is aware United's fearsome attacking line-up will pose a far greater threat.
United are favourites to win the game having won 12 out of their last 14 meetings. The Canaries last won their home game against United back in 2005.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W W D W
- Last Result: Reading 0-0 Norwich City
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W W L W
- Last Result: Aston Villa 2-3 Manchester United
Norwich have no fresh injuries, while John Ruddy, Steven Whittaker, and Wes Hoolahan are all back in training after their midweek international break, which is good news for Hughton. Hoolahan could start just behind the striker as their top scorer Grant Holt could start up front. The Canaries could possibly go for a 4-4-1-1 formation rather than their regular 4-4-2.
United have some injury worries, as Wayne Rooney picked up a knock during last week's league game against Villa and Robin van Persie was withdrawn from midweek international duty, although he is likely to be fit for the match against Nowrwich.
United's recent super-sub Javier Hernandez is likely to start alongside the Dutch striker. Defensive frailties still haunt the Scot but Chris Smalling could step up in place of Evans. Phil Jones and Shinji Kagawa are just weeks away from returning to the starting line-up.
Possible Starting Line-ups:
Norwich City (4-4-1-1): Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido; Snodgrass, Johnson, Tettey, Pilkington; Hoolahan; Holt
Manchester United (4-4-2); de Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young; Hernandez, van Persie
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown