Norwich City v Manchester United: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 17, 2012 5:22 AM EST
Norwich City welcome league leaders Manchester United to Carrow Road for Saturday's Premier League fixture.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 5.30 pm GMT. Live coverage will be available on ESPN UK HD. Watch highlights of the game on Match of the Day on BBC One at 10.30 pm GMT.
Since their 3-2 defeat at home to Tottenham in September, United have won five consecutive league games and are currently on top of the Premier League table with 27 points from 11 games. With local rivals Manchester City just two points behind, Sir Alex Ferugson will be desperate for a win at Carrow Road to maintain United's place at the top of the table.
Norwich, on the other hand, have won three out of their last four league games, managing to keep three clean sheets. In those four victories, The Canaries have taken three points off Arsenal and Spurs, and are hoping to add United to their list of scalps.
Chris Hughton's side are currently 15th on the league table with 11 points from 11 games. The Canaries managed to get a point in their last game when they travelled to face Reading at the Madejski Stadium, but Hughton is aware United's fearsome attacking line-up will pose a far greater threat.
United are favourites to win the game having won 12 out of their last 14 meetings. The Canaries last won their home game against United back in 2005.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W W D W
- Last Result: Reading 0-0 Norwich City
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W W L W
- Last Result: Aston Villa 2-3 Manchester United
Norwich have no fresh injuries, while John Ruddy, Steven Whittaker, and Wes Hoolahan are all back in training after their midweek international break, which is good news for Hughton. Hoolahan could start just behind the striker as their top scorer Grant Holt could start up front. The Canaries could possibly go for a 4-4-1-1 formation rather than their regular 4-4-2.
United have some injury worries, as Wayne Rooney picked up a knock during last week's league game against Villa and Robin van Persie was withdrawn from midweek international duty, although he is likely to be fit for the match against Nowrwich.
United's recent super-sub Javier Hernandez is likely to start alongside the Dutch striker. Defensive frailties still haunt the Scot but Chris Smalling could step up in place of Evans. Phil Jones and Shinji Kagawa are just weeks away from returning to the starting line-up.
Possible Starting Line-ups:
Norwich City (4-4-1-1): Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido; Snodgrass, Johnson, Tettey, Pilkington; Hoolahan; Holt
Manchester United (4-4-2); de Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young; Hernandez, van Persie
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage