Norwich City v Manchester United: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 17, 2012 5:22 AM EST
Norwich City welcome league leaders Manchester United to Carrow Road for Saturday's Premier League fixture.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 5.30 pm GMT. Live coverage will be available on ESPN UK HD. Watch highlights of the game on Match of the Day on BBC One at 10.30 pm GMT.
Since their 3-2 defeat at home to Tottenham in September, United have won five consecutive league games and are currently on top of the Premier League table with 27 points from 11 games. With local rivals Manchester City just two points behind, Sir Alex Ferugson will be desperate for a win at Carrow Road to maintain United's place at the top of the table.
Norwich, on the other hand, have won three out of their last four league games, managing to keep three clean sheets. In those four victories, The Canaries have taken three points off Arsenal and Spurs, and are hoping to add United to their list of scalps.
Chris Hughton's side are currently 15th on the league table with 11 points from 11 games. The Canaries managed to get a point in their last game when they travelled to face Reading at the Madejski Stadium, but Hughton is aware United's fearsome attacking line-up will pose a far greater threat.
United are favourites to win the game having won 12 out of their last 14 meetings. The Canaries last won their home game against United back in 2005.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W W D W
- Last Result: Reading 0-0 Norwich City
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W W L W
- Last Result: Aston Villa 2-3 Manchester United
Norwich have no fresh injuries, while John Ruddy, Steven Whittaker, and Wes Hoolahan are all back in training after their midweek international break, which is good news for Hughton. Hoolahan could start just behind the striker as their top scorer Grant Holt could start up front. The Canaries could possibly go for a 4-4-1-1 formation rather than their regular 4-4-2.
United have some injury worries, as Wayne Rooney picked up a knock during last week's league game against Villa and Robin van Persie was withdrawn from midweek international duty, although he is likely to be fit for the match against Nowrwich.
United's recent super-sub Javier Hernandez is likely to start alongside the Dutch striker. Defensive frailties still haunt the Scot but Chris Smalling could step up in place of Evans. Phil Jones and Shinji Kagawa are just weeks away from returning to the starting line-up.
Possible Starting Line-ups:
Norwich City (4-4-1-1): Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido; Snodgrass, Johnson, Tettey, Pilkington; Hoolahan; Holt
Manchester United (4-4-2); de Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young; Hernandez, van Persie
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]