Norwich City v Manchester United: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 17, 2012 5:22 AM EST
Norwich City welcome league leaders Manchester United to Carrow Road for Saturday's Premier League fixture.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 5.30 pm GMT. Live coverage will be available on ESPN UK HD. Watch highlights of the game on Match of the Day on BBC One at 10.30 pm GMT.
Since their 3-2 defeat at home to Tottenham in September, United have won five consecutive league games and are currently on top of the Premier League table with 27 points from 11 games. With local rivals Manchester City just two points behind, Sir Alex Ferugson will be desperate for a win at Carrow Road to maintain United's place at the top of the table.
Norwich, on the other hand, have won three out of their last four league games, managing to keep three clean sheets. In those four victories, The Canaries have taken three points off Arsenal and Spurs, and are hoping to add United to their list of scalps.
Chris Hughton's side are currently 15th on the league table with 11 points from 11 games. The Canaries managed to get a point in their last game when they travelled to face Reading at the Madejski Stadium, but Hughton is aware United's fearsome attacking line-up will pose a far greater threat.
United are favourites to win the game having won 12 out of their last 14 meetings. The Canaries last won their home game against United back in 2005.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W W D W
- Last Result: Reading 0-0 Norwich City
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W W L W
- Last Result: Aston Villa 2-3 Manchester United
Norwich have no fresh injuries, while John Ruddy, Steven Whittaker, and Wes Hoolahan are all back in training after their midweek international break, which is good news for Hughton. Hoolahan could start just behind the striker as their top scorer Grant Holt could start up front. The Canaries could possibly go for a 4-4-1-1 formation rather than their regular 4-4-2.
United have some injury worries, as Wayne Rooney picked up a knock during last week's league game against Villa and Robin van Persie was withdrawn from midweek international duty, although he is likely to be fit for the match against Nowrwich.
United's recent super-sub Javier Hernandez is likely to start alongside the Dutch striker. Defensive frailties still haunt the Scot but Chris Smalling could step up in place of Evans. Phil Jones and Shinji Kagawa are just weeks away from returning to the starting line-up.
Possible Starting Line-ups:
Norwich City (4-4-1-1): Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido; Snodgrass, Johnson, Tettey, Pilkington; Hoolahan; Holt
Manchester United (4-4-2); de Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young; Hernandez, van Persie
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones