Norwich City v Manchester United: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 17, 2012 5:22 AM EST
Norwich City welcome league leaders Manchester United to Carrow Road for Saturday's Premier League fixture.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 5.30 pm GMT. Live coverage will be available on ESPN UK HD. Watch highlights of the game on Match of the Day on BBC One at 10.30 pm GMT.
Since their 3-2 defeat at home to Tottenham in September, United have won five consecutive league games and are currently on top of the Premier League table with 27 points from 11 games. With local rivals Manchester City just two points behind, Sir Alex Ferugson will be desperate for a win at Carrow Road to maintain United's place at the top of the table.
Norwich, on the other hand, have won three out of their last four league games, managing to keep three clean sheets. In those four victories, The Canaries have taken three points off Arsenal and Spurs, and are hoping to add United to their list of scalps.
Chris Hughton's side are currently 15th on the league table with 11 points from 11 games. The Canaries managed to get a point in their last game when they travelled to face Reading at the Madejski Stadium, but Hughton is aware United's fearsome attacking line-up will pose a far greater threat.
United are favourites to win the game having won 12 out of their last 14 meetings. The Canaries last won their home game against United back in 2005.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W W D W
- Last Result: Reading 0-0 Norwich City
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W W L W
- Last Result: Aston Villa 2-3 Manchester United
Norwich have no fresh injuries, while John Ruddy, Steven Whittaker, and Wes Hoolahan are all back in training after their midweek international break, which is good news for Hughton. Hoolahan could start just behind the striker as their top scorer Grant Holt could start up front. The Canaries could possibly go for a 4-4-1-1 formation rather than their regular 4-4-2.
United have some injury worries, as Wayne Rooney picked up a knock during last week's league game against Villa and Robin van Persie was withdrawn from midweek international duty, although he is likely to be fit for the match against Nowrwich.
United's recent super-sub Javier Hernandez is likely to start alongside the Dutch striker. Defensive frailties still haunt the Scot but Chris Smalling could step up in place of Evans. Phil Jones and Shinji Kagawa are just weeks away from returning to the starting line-up.
Possible Starting Line-ups:
Norwich City (4-4-1-1): Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido; Snodgrass, Johnson, Tettey, Pilkington; Hoolahan; Holt
Manchester United (4-4-2); de Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young; Hernandez, van Persie
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?