Britney Spears, Jason Trawick Wedding Allegedly Called Off
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 17, 2012 4:22 AM EST
Several new details about Britney Spears’ impending wedding to fiancé Jason Trawick have surfaced in the past month, with some suggesting that a wedding might be scheduled for December, but the couple is now reportedly taking a step back and re-evaluating their decision to get married at all.
At the end of October, several media outlets reported that Spears and Trawick were just “weeks” away from getting hitched and that Spears was revving up her fitness regimen in anticipation of her walk down the aisle.
“She’s put a treadmill into her 'X Factor' dressing room and is making sure she’s jogging as often as she can," a source told the Daily Mirror. “She’s taking her look incredibly seriously and has said she will dazzle with her outfits and her body on the live finals of 'X Factor.' It’s very much a countdown to the nuptials right now ... we’re talking within weeks."
According to a new report from Radar Online, the couple has already begun informing guests and family that the wedding will be postponed.
"Britney and Jason had planned to get married at the end of December, but they have been fighting non-stop so the wedding has now been called off," the source, who is allegedly close to the situation, said. "They are telling their friends it's being postponed, but they will probably never make it down the aisle. Britney doesn't think Jason is any fun and resents him because he acts more like a second father than a romantic partner, or equal.”
The source added, "Britney's parents are absolutely devastated that the wedding has been called off. Lynne is very close to Jason and views him as one of her children. Meanwhile, Jamie feels that Jason shouldn't have proposed to Britney if his heart wasn't in it, and feels a little betrayed. It doesn't help matters that both Jamie and Jason are co-conservators of Britney. The whole situation is just sad for everyone."
But the same source also suggested that there has been trouble in paradise for a long time.
"Britney and Jason have been sleeping in separate bedrooms for a very long time,” the source claimed.
“She has been staying in a hotel during the week because of the live X Factor shows, and although Jason stays at the same hotel, he is in a room adjacent to hers. Jason feels like he is Britney's babysitter and it's pretty much just a business arrangement at this point. Jason does love Britney and the boys, but he just can't see himself spending the rest of his life with her.”
Spears and Trawick met in 2006, and became engaged in December of 2011 on Trawick’s 40th birthday.
A source for US magazine corroborated claims that the relationship had begun to fizzle out. "The romance is gone," said the source, who claimed that Trawick had begun taking to putting Spears “on speakerphone so friends can hear her nagging."
A rep for Spears denied the claims, insisting that the couple is happy, saying, "That's not Jason's style.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft