Zlatan's Goal, Wenger's Job Prospects and Joe Allen's Decline [PODCAST]
By Alfred Joyner | November 17, 2012 3:25 AM EST
After a surprisingly exciting week of international friendlies, Zlatan Ibrahimovic showed up Steven Gerrard's 100th cap for England with a brilliant goal to seal a 4-2 win for Sweden over England, as the Liverpool man returned to Merseyside without a win for his country.
Ibrahimovic completed an almost technically perfect bicycle kick that will go down in history as one of the greatest goals, but whether it was better than the likes Maradona, Paul Gascoigne, John Barnes and Zinedine Zidane is questionable.
Meanwhile, back in the Premier League, the north London derby will no doubt be a fiesty encounter as Arsenal and Tottenham both fight for a place in the top four. Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has a few options for his starting line-up, with his strikers presenting a particularly difficult situation as he decides between starting two or one up front.
And for Arsenal, who were in history the better team than their cross-town rivals, the match will certinaly be worth a lot more than just three points for Arsene Wenger, who has suffered his worst start to the season with the club since taking over. The manager will no doubt be under increased pressure if he can't beat the fans' most hated club, and continues to flounder outside the top four.
Away from Arsenal and Tottenham and Liverpool take on Wigan, with Joe Allen needing to prove his worth for the side while they struggle to get into the top half of the table.
Manchester United and Manchester City will be looking to take three points from their matches against Norwich and Aston Villas respectively, with both Sir Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini looking for an improvement in defence as well as a repeat of their goalscoring prowess.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Believes Wilshere's Performance Against City Not Enough For Man Utd Legend Paul Scholes
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date