Zlatan's Goal, Wenger's Job Prospects and Joe Allen's Decline [PODCAST]
By Alfred Joyner | November 17, 2012 3:25 AM EST
After a surprisingly exciting week of international friendlies, Zlatan Ibrahimovic showed up Steven Gerrard's 100th cap for England with a brilliant goal to seal a 4-2 win for Sweden over England, as the Liverpool man returned to Merseyside without a win for his country.
Ibrahimovic completed an almost technically perfect bicycle kick that will go down in history as one of the greatest goals, but whether it was better than the likes Maradona, Paul Gascoigne, John Barnes and Zinedine Zidane is questionable.
Meanwhile, back in the Premier League, the north London derby will no doubt be a fiesty encounter as Arsenal and Tottenham both fight for a place in the top four. Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has a few options for his starting line-up, with his strikers presenting a particularly difficult situation as he decides between starting two or one up front.
And for Arsenal, who were in history the better team than their cross-town rivals, the match will certinaly be worth a lot more than just three points for Arsene Wenger, who has suffered his worst start to the season with the club since taking over. The manager will no doubt be under increased pressure if he can't beat the fans' most hated club, and continues to flounder outside the top four.
Away from Arsenal and Tottenham and Liverpool take on Wigan, with Joe Allen needing to prove his worth for the side while they struggle to get into the top half of the table.
Manchester United and Manchester City will be looking to take three points from their matches against Norwich and Aston Villas respectively, with both Sir Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini looking for an improvement in defence as well as a repeat of their goalscoring prowess.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories