Chelsea Certain to Sign Brazilian Wonderkid - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | November 17, 2012 12:38 AM EST
Chelsea are on the verge of signing of Fluminense defender Wallace, according to the player's agent.
The highly rated 18-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Roberto Di Matteo's side of late, with reports claiming that the Blues have owned 40 percent of the player's rights, since former Barcelona midfielder Deco went in the other direction more than two years ago.
The Daily Mail claims that a £4.5m fee has been agreed by both clubs and the transfer will be finalised over the weekend. And Wallace's agent Fernando Moraes has now confirmed that negotiations are nearing completion.
"There are very advanced negotiations with Chelsea and the signature is almost certain," ESPN quoted Moraes as saying.
Moraes also stated that if the deal were to be completed, the young full-back will join up with his new team-mates at west London immediately, rather than be loaned out to another club to gain European experience. These comments were made following reports that Serie A club Roma could take the player to the Italian capital on a temporary basis.
"If Wallace goes to Chelsea, he will be playing there. I had contact with Roma and many other Italian clubs, but that was a long time ago. I rule out the possibility of a loan [to Roma]. If he joins Chelsea he will play for the Blues," Moraes added.
Wallace signed his first professional deal with Fluminense last year, following a stint with the club's youth academy.
Meanwhile, Chelsea full-back Cesar Azpilicueta feels that his Blues career is now properly underway. The 23-year-old, who signed for the European Champions from Ligue 1 side Marseille, initially found it difficult to get some playing time with the club's first team but after an impressive performance against Liverpool last week, the Spaniard is growing in confidence.
"I am happy and I am starting to play. Everybody wants to play but we know the competition for places in team and the most important thing is the team," the club's Web site quoted Azpilicueta.
'I am part of this team and the most important thing also is the results. Now we are not getting the best results in the Premier League so we want to come back to winning every game," the defender added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal