Chelsea Certain to Sign Brazilian Wonderkid - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | November 17, 2012 12:38 AM EST
Chelsea are on the verge of signing of Fluminense defender Wallace, according to the player's agent.
The highly rated 18-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Roberto Di Matteo's side of late, with reports claiming that the Blues have owned 40 percent of the player's rights, since former Barcelona midfielder Deco went in the other direction more than two years ago.
The Daily Mail claims that a £4.5m fee has been agreed by both clubs and the transfer will be finalised over the weekend. And Wallace's agent Fernando Moraes has now confirmed that negotiations are nearing completion.
"There are very advanced negotiations with Chelsea and the signature is almost certain," ESPN quoted Moraes as saying.
Moraes also stated that if the deal were to be completed, the young full-back will join up with his new team-mates at west London immediately, rather than be loaned out to another club to gain European experience. These comments were made following reports that Serie A club Roma could take the player to the Italian capital on a temporary basis.
"If Wallace goes to Chelsea, he will be playing there. I had contact with Roma and many other Italian clubs, but that was a long time ago. I rule out the possibility of a loan [to Roma]. If he joins Chelsea he will play for the Blues," Moraes added.
Wallace signed his first professional deal with Fluminense last year, following a stint with the club's youth academy.
Meanwhile, Chelsea full-back Cesar Azpilicueta feels that his Blues career is now properly underway. The 23-year-old, who signed for the European Champions from Ligue 1 side Marseille, initially found it difficult to get some playing time with the club's first team but after an impressive performance against Liverpool last week, the Spaniard is growing in confidence.
"I am happy and I am starting to play. Everybody wants to play but we know the competition for places in team and the most important thing is the team," the club's Web site quoted Azpilicueta.
'I am part of this team and the most important thing also is the results. Now we are not getting the best results in the Premier League so we want to come back to winning every game," the defender added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage