Stock futures rise after report on fiscal talks
November 17, 2012 12:35 AM EST
Stock index futures cut their losses to turn positive on Friday after the Wall Street Journal reported that White House officials were in advanced internal discussions that could indicate increased flexibility to negotiate on the "fiscal cliff."
Citing sources familiar with the matter, the Journal wrote that officials were in talks to replace spending cuts set to begin in January with a separate package of spending cuts and tax increases.
S&P 500 futures rose 2.5 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration on the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures added 8 points and Nasdaq 100 futures rose 7.5 points.
(Reporting by Ryan Vlastelica; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2