Microsoft Unveils ‘Nike Plus Kinect Training’ for Xbox 360, Available for ₹2599
By Rohit KVN | November 16, 2012 11:23 PM EST
'Nike Plus Kinect Training' was released a few weeks ago in the US, Europe and select markets of South East Asian countries.
This is the first time Xbox 360 developers have collaborated with Nike to develop this gaming title; this new training game is seen as a revolution in personalized gym training.
Nike Plus Kinect Training is a custom-made fitness improvement game developed by Xbox programmers with the help of Nike. The sports goods manufacturer houses the most acclaimed professional fitness experts who have worked with world famous athletes across the globe.
The Kinect motion technology which is embedded in the Xbox 360 takes body actions of the gamer as input and gives a real-time expert assessment of a player's body movement, strength and athleticism.
Another interesting feature of this fitness game is that it identifies areas of improvement and creates a personalised training plan. It also gives real-time feedback to users about the correct training positions and movements.
The game also evolves in tandem with the progress made by the gamers. One can also chat with Nike's professional trainers to get tips to improve the training regimen.
Gamers can also invite their friends online in Xbox Live as well as Nike+ social forums to a fitness challenge and compete against each other.
Nike Plus Kinect Training game brings professional gym training right in to the people's living room without having to own a membership at a gym.
Gamers can connect to Nike Plus Kinect Training with their smartphones to get notifications and tips from expert trainers.
In the past few years, the gaming industry has seen a movement towards fitness and fun moving games. This may be a conscious decision to counter claims that video games have turned people obese and into couch potatoes. It may also have something to do with demographics of video game players who average 30 years and nearly 45 per cent of them are females.
According to an ESA (Entertainment Software Association) 2012 annual research study, the average age of a game player is 30 years with 12 years of experience of having played video games.
The 2012 ESA study found that 47 percent of the gaming populations were female.
The study further added that women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (30 percent) than boys aged 17 or younger (18 percent).
The study also pointed that highest grossing title games are rated 'E' (Everybody), 'T' (teenagers) and E+10 (everybody above age of ten).
Nike Plus Training game is rated 'E'. This fitness improvement game is made for all age groups of gamers. It is a perfect family game title.
Consumers can download the 'Nike Plus Kinect Training' demo version here.
Consumers must have an Xbox live account. Online multiplayer should posses Xbox LIVE Gold membership.
Mobile companion app 'Nike + Kinect Training' requires Windows compatible mobile device (Windows 7.5 and higher) and a Nike+ account.
Consumers can download this app on Windows Store for free. You can click here to download Nike+Kinect Training App.
Gamers can watch the video of training demo on this YouTube link.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza