November 16, 2012 10:15 PM EST
Latin Grammy Awards 2012 : Jesse and Joy Win Big at the Event [WINNERS LIST][PHOTOS]
Mexican pop duo Jesse & Joy were the big winners at the 13th Latin Grammy Awards, held at the Mandalay Bay Events Centre in Las Vegas, Nevada. The siblings took home four awards, including Record of the Year and Song of the Year for their track Corre! and Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album for Con Quien Se Queda El Perro?
"Thanks to the best fans in the world," Jessie said after receiving the awards, adding, "It feels incredible. We've not been at the Latin Grammys since 2007 so this feels like a great comeback."
Meanwhile, Colombian pop-rock singer Juanes, who was accompanied by his wife, model Karen Martinez (the couple have been together for eight years), won two awards for his MTV Unplugged set. One of those was for Album of the Year.
In other categories, Mexican group 3Ball Mty won the award for Best Newcomer, David Bisbal got Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album and Best Singer-Songwriter Album went to Gian Marco for 20 Anos.
The event, hosted by actors Cristian De La Fuente and Lucero, also paid tribute to Person of the Year winner Caetano Veloso, one of the founders of the Tropicalismo movement. The Brazilian singer, composer and activist performed in Spanish and Portuguese.
Meanwhile, singer and songwriter Lila Downs performed Zapata Se Queda, featuring Toto La Mompsina and Celso Pina. There were also performances by Pitbull, Natalie Cole and Nelly Furtado.
Below is the partial winners list of this year's Latin Grammy Awards. The complete list can be seen on the official Web site.
- Best New Artist: 3Ball MTY
- Best Traditional Pop Album: David Bisbal - Una Noche en el Teatro Real
- Best Urban Music Album: Don Omar - Don Omar Presents MTO2: New Generation
- Best Urban Song: Don Omar - Hasta Que Salga el Sol
- Best Pop/Rock Album: El Cuarteto de Nos - Porfiado
- Best Rock Song: Roberto Musso - Cuando Sea Grande (El Cuarteto de Nos)
- Best Alternative Music Album: Carla Morrison - Dejenme Llorar
- Best Alternative Song: Carla Morrison - Dejenme Llorar
- Best Singer-Song Writer Album: Gian Marco Zignago - 20 Anos
- Best Classical Album: Cuarteto Latinoamericano - Brasileiro: Works of Francisco Mignone