Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Brings Galaxy Note 2 Prime Features
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 16, 2012 10:45 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 users may also enjoy the incredible features of the Galaxy Note 2 as the company is said to be working on a firmware upgrade that includes Multi Window View and Smart Rotation.
SamMobile provide a sneak preview of the rumored Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3 and it has the Multi Window View, the split screen multitasking feature that is found on the Galaxy Note 2.
According to GottaBeMobile, Multi Window View is not the only new feature coming with the update either. In addition to the powerful split-screen multitasking which allows users to use two separate apps on the display, this leaked firmware also includes features such as:
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Paper Artist App (Same as in Note II)
- New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
The same kind of update is also expected to Galaxy Note 2's predecessor. The leaked firmware is Android 4.1.2, version JZO54K, and it is apparently test firmware and not likely the version that Samsung will be rolling out in the future.
The update is still going under testing and those who are excited to install it in their Galaxy S3s should be wary of the bugs that would be likely on board. It is best to wait for the official update from the company, which is likely to roll out next month.
The Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean is different from the latest 4.2 version that is present in the new LG Nexus 4. The 4.1.2 version includes tweaks from the present 4.1.1. The new 4.2 version that was released by Android earlier this month comes with many fantastic features such as 360 degree panorama mode and gesture keyboard.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has taken aback a lot of Australians with its supreme features and beauty when it was launched in Sydney the other night.
The Galaxy Note 2 has a tag price of $899 and will be available for purchase starting next week. Surprisingly, the Australian model of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will be available in 4G version through networks offering such service.
Australia's top three mobile networks, Telstra, Optus and Vodafone, are cited to offer the aforementioned device. However, there is no update yet on the networks' websites on which plans where the device will be available. Users may purchase the international 3G version of the Galaxy Note 2 via online retailers such as Kogan and MobiCity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery