Miami Heat – Denver Nuggets Preview: Prediction, Betting Odds, Where to Watch Free Live Stream Online
November 16, 2012 10:13 AM EST
After winning the NBA title last season, many people expected the Miami Heat to be a dominant force in 2012-2013. While they’ve started the year at 6-3 and in first place of the Southeast conference, they’ve proven to be very beatable.
Miami is set to visit the Denver Nuggets on Thursday night, one day after losing comfortably to the Los Angeles Clippers. The Heat were down by double-digits for much of the fourth quarter, and the game was in hand, early on in the period.
The Heat’s other two losses were even bigger blowouts. Their first defeat of the season came by 20 points against the New York Knicks. On Sunday, Miami lost by 18 points to the Memphis Grizzlies.
Now, the Nuggets will look to hand the Heat their fourth loss of the year. The game will tip off on TNT at 10:30 p.m. ET. You can watch a free live stream online on TNT Overtime.
The struggles that Miami has faced at points in the young season should give the Nuggets some hope of beating the defending champs. Denver will host LeBron James and company, who have suffered all their losses on the road.
The biggest reason for the Heat’s problems away from home has been their defense. When the “Big 3” joined forces in 2010, Miami became one of the league’s top defenses. The same can’t be said for this season.
In seven of their nine contests, Miami has allowed at least 99 points. They’re 28th in the NBA, giving up 101 points per game.
The Heat’s offense has often been able to overshadow much of the team’s weaknesses on the other end of the court. Miami leads the league, scoring 104.9 points per game.
Denver is a team that hasn’t had trouble scoring in recent years. This season isn’t much different, as they’re putting up 99.1 points per contest. Andre Iguodala leads them at 15.4 points a game in his first year with the club.
The Nuggets are actually expected to beat the Heat. The consensus betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has them as 3.5-point favorites.
Playing the second game of a back-to-back, it won’t be easy for Miami to leave Denver with a win. James has played like an MVP candidate in the first nine games, but the Heat will also need a big night from either Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh. The two combined to shoot 5-of-23 from the field in Miami’s loss to the Clippers.
Prediction: If Miami hasn’t been able to stop average offenses, they’ll have a very tough time slowing down the Nuggets. With Kenneth Faried in the frontcourt, Denver is the best rebounding team in basketball. Between the Heat’s poor defense and the Nuggets ability to get second chance opportunities, they’ll put up to many points for Miami to match.
Predicted Score: Denver 117, Miami 110
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet