Miami Heat – Denver Nuggets Preview: Prediction, Betting Odds, Where to Watch Free Live Stream Online
November 16, 2012 10:13 AM EST
After winning the NBA title last season, many people expected the Miami Heat to be a dominant force in 2012-2013. While they’ve started the year at 6-3 and in first place of the Southeast conference, they’ve proven to be very beatable.
Miami is set to visit the Denver Nuggets on Thursday night, one day after losing comfortably to the Los Angeles Clippers. The Heat were down by double-digits for much of the fourth quarter, and the game was in hand, early on in the period.
The Heat’s other two losses were even bigger blowouts. Their first defeat of the season came by 20 points against the New York Knicks. On Sunday, Miami lost by 18 points to the Memphis Grizzlies.
Now, the Nuggets will look to hand the Heat their fourth loss of the year. The game will tip off on TNT at 10:30 p.m. ET. You can watch a free live stream online on TNT Overtime.
The struggles that Miami has faced at points in the young season should give the Nuggets some hope of beating the defending champs. Denver will host LeBron James and company, who have suffered all their losses on the road.
The biggest reason for the Heat’s problems away from home has been their defense. When the “Big 3” joined forces in 2010, Miami became one of the league’s top defenses. The same can’t be said for this season.
In seven of their nine contests, Miami has allowed at least 99 points. They’re 28th in the NBA, giving up 101 points per game.
The Heat’s offense has often been able to overshadow much of the team’s weaknesses on the other end of the court. Miami leads the league, scoring 104.9 points per game.
Denver is a team that hasn’t had trouble scoring in recent years. This season isn’t much different, as they’re putting up 99.1 points per contest. Andre Iguodala leads them at 15.4 points a game in his first year with the club.
The Nuggets are actually expected to beat the Heat. The consensus betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has them as 3.5-point favorites.
Playing the second game of a back-to-back, it won’t be easy for Miami to leave Denver with a win. James has played like an MVP candidate in the first nine games, but the Heat will also need a big night from either Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh. The two combined to shoot 5-of-23 from the field in Miami’s loss to the Clippers.
Prediction: If Miami hasn’t been able to stop average offenses, they’ll have a very tough time slowing down the Nuggets. With Kenneth Faried in the frontcourt, Denver is the best rebounding team in basketball. Between the Heat’s poor defense and the Nuggets ability to get second chance opportunities, they’ll put up to many points for Miami to match.
Predicted Score: Denver 117, Miami 110
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales