Madonna Bares Her Assets For Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts, Reportedly Raising $60,000 From Fans
By Amethyst Tate | November 16, 2012 6:10 AM EST
Madonna used her assets for a good cause during her MDNA concert at Madison Square Garden this week.
The pop icon bared her butt in front of concert-goers to help raise money for victims of Hurricane Sandy.
"[I'm] showing [my] naked [expletive] for Hurricane Sandy victims. If you are going to look at the crack of my [expletive], you better raise some cash,” Madonna said while on stage, according to Perez Hilton.
Fans then threw money onto the stage, and Madonna said it would go straight toward relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy. She raised a total of $60,000 according to various reports.
Madonna also spoke about how she visited hardhit areas in Queens.
"It was really sad but we also saw amazing acts of humanity. People sharing with other people, people working hard, cleaning houses, handing out food, blankets giving love and a hug," she told the crowd, according to MTV.com.
Madonna also surprised her audience earlier this week at Madison Square Garden when she brought out special guest Psy, and danced with him for a mashup version of his hit song, “Gangnam Style,” mashing it with her hit "Give it To Me."
The Korean sensation's "Gangnam Style" music video went viral after being posted on YouTube in July, with more than 130 million views from 220 countries around the world in less than two months, according to the Korean Herald.
In the U.S., the single has broken into ITune's Chart Top 20, and Psy most recently performed the dance on MTV's VMA Awards and at the MTV Europe Music Awards.
Madonna is one of many celebrities who have shown support for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. Celebrities who have donated to the relief effort include Lady Gaga, who gave $1 million, and NBA star Dwayne Wade, who contributed $200,000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date