Einhorn, Paulson Maintain Large Gold ETF Positions
By jturbin | November 16, 2012 4:34 AM EST
David Einhorn and John Paulson, two of the world’s most prominent hedge fund managers, maintained their significant positions in the two largest gold ETFs during the third quarter of this year.
According to the latest 13-F filing for Einhorn’s Greenlight Capital, the firm made no changes to its 6.0 million share position in the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) – which is comprised of many of the world’s largest gold and silver companies. Greenlight’s holdings represent approximately 3.3% of the GDX’s outstanding shares.
(Visit GoldAlert Pro at http://pro.goldalert.com for rankings and analysis on every stock included in the GDX)
Paulson & Co. once again remained the largest holder of the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), the most liquid gold price proxy in the equity markets, with 21.8 million shares. The position represents approximately 5% of the GLD’s outstanding shares.
While Paulson’s firm kept its large stake in the GLD, it reduced its positions in two of the world’s largest gold producers. Paulson & Co. cut its holdings of AngloGold Ashanti (AU) by 4.4 million shares, or 13.3%, and its shares of Gold Fields (GFI) by 11.5 million, or 63.7%.
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid