Einhorn, Paulson Maintain Large Gold ETF Positions
By jturbin | November 16, 2012 4:34 AM EST
David Einhorn and John Paulson, two of the world’s most prominent hedge fund managers, maintained their significant positions in the two largest gold ETFs during the third quarter of this year.
According to the latest 13-F filing for Einhorn’s Greenlight Capital, the firm made no changes to its 6.0 million share position in the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) – which is comprised of many of the world’s largest gold and silver companies. Greenlight’s holdings represent approximately 3.3% of the GDX’s outstanding shares.
(Visit GoldAlert Pro at http://pro.goldalert.com for rankings and analysis on every stock included in the GDX)
Paulson & Co. once again remained the largest holder of the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), the most liquid gold price proxy in the equity markets, with 21.8 million shares. The position represents approximately 5% of the GLD’s outstanding shares.
While Paulson’s firm kept its large stake in the GLD, it reduced its positions in two of the world’s largest gold producers. Paulson & Co. cut its holdings of AngloGold Ashanti (AU) by 4.4 million shares, or 13.3%, and its shares of Gold Fields (GFI) by 11.5 million, or 63.7%.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’