Einhorn, Paulson Maintain Large Gold ETF Positions
By jturbin | November 16, 2012 4:34 AM EST
David Einhorn and John Paulson, two of the world’s most prominent hedge fund managers, maintained their significant positions in the two largest gold ETFs during the third quarter of this year.
According to the latest 13-F filing for Einhorn’s Greenlight Capital, the firm made no changes to its 6.0 million share position in the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) – which is comprised of many of the world’s largest gold and silver companies. Greenlight’s holdings represent approximately 3.3% of the GDX’s outstanding shares.
(Visit GoldAlert Pro at http://pro.goldalert.com for rankings and analysis on every stock included in the GDX)
Paulson & Co. once again remained the largest holder of the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), the most liquid gold price proxy in the equity markets, with 21.8 million shares. The position represents approximately 5% of the GLD’s outstanding shares.
While Paulson’s firm kept its large stake in the GLD, it reduced its positions in two of the world’s largest gold producers. Paulson & Co. cut its holdings of AngloGold Ashanti (AU) by 4.4 million shares, or 13.3%, and its shares of Gold Fields (GFI) by 11.5 million, or 63.7%.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family