Einhorn, Paulson Maintain Large Gold ETF Positions
By jturbin | November 16, 2012 4:34 AM EST
David Einhorn and John Paulson, two of the world’s most prominent hedge fund managers, maintained their significant positions in the two largest gold ETFs during the third quarter of this year.
According to the latest 13-F filing for Einhorn’s Greenlight Capital, the firm made no changes to its 6.0 million share position in the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) – which is comprised of many of the world’s largest gold and silver companies. Greenlight’s holdings represent approximately 3.3% of the GDX’s outstanding shares.
(Visit GoldAlert Pro at http://pro.goldalert.com for rankings and analysis on every stock included in the GDX)
Paulson & Co. once again remained the largest holder of the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), the most liquid gold price proxy in the equity markets, with 21.8 million shares. The position represents approximately 5% of the GLD’s outstanding shares.
While Paulson’s firm kept its large stake in the GLD, it reduced its positions in two of the world’s largest gold producers. Paulson & Co. cut its holdings of AngloGold Ashanti (AU) by 4.4 million shares, or 13.3%, and its shares of Gold Fields (GFI) by 11.5 million, or 63.7%.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports