Einhorn, Paulson Maintain Large Gold ETF Positions
By jturbin | November 16, 2012 4:34 AM EST
David Einhorn and John Paulson, two of the world’s most prominent hedge fund managers, maintained their significant positions in the two largest gold ETFs during the third quarter of this year.
According to the latest 13-F filing for Einhorn’s Greenlight Capital, the firm made no changes to its 6.0 million share position in the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) – which is comprised of many of the world’s largest gold and silver companies. Greenlight’s holdings represent approximately 3.3% of the GDX’s outstanding shares.
(Visit GoldAlert Pro at http://pro.goldalert.com for rankings and analysis on every stock included in the GDX)
Paulson & Co. once again remained the largest holder of the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), the most liquid gold price proxy in the equity markets, with 21.8 million shares. The position represents approximately 5% of the GLD’s outstanding shares.
While Paulson’s firm kept its large stake in the GLD, it reduced its positions in two of the world’s largest gold producers. Paulson & Co. cut its holdings of AngloGold Ashanti (AU) by 4.4 million shares, or 13.3%, and its shares of Gold Fields (GFI) by 11.5 million, or 63.7%.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Worldwide Appetite for Gold Slumps 16% in 2Q 2014 – WGC
- Gold in China: 127-Tonne Gold Reserves Tapped in Xinjiang
- Global Markets Overview – July 15, 2014
- Honduran Gold Mine Caves in; 8 Rescued, 3 Remain Trapped (PHOTOS)
- Chinese Govt Tightens Control on Gold to Curb Imports, Could Drop 400T from 2013 – Report
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected